Spike Camp

Just stole 2 scopes!

Re: Just stole 2 scopes!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »
That Tikka is listed as 5.8 lbs and a 13 0unce scope. Even with the Kick ezee pad that rifle is going to be brutal.
I am worried about that. May have to install a muzzlebreak, at least for the range.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
Did quite a bit of research on the Freedom line from Leupold. 100% made in USA.
Replaces both Vx1 and Vx2 series. Kerps Vx2 glass and is one piece construction (i think). They simplified the manufacturing by eliminating multiple options. Thus decreases cost. Goes through all their same testings.

The Tikka superlight is the Tikka light with a fluted barrel. Shaves a half pound off. I really liked the feel of it accept the stock was too thin for me.

Oh and I have strongly considered the diamandback. Still an option for me.

The decision on the Freedom is obviously entirely yours. I hope you get a good one and it lasts a long time.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 04:09:32 AM »
Did quite a bit of research on the Freedom line from Leupold. 100% made in USA.
Replaces both Vx1 and Vx2 series. Kerps Vx2 glass and is one piece construction (i think). They simplified the manufacturing by eliminating multiple options. Thus decreases cost. Goes through all their same testings.

The Tikka superlight is the Tikka light with a fluted barrel. Shaves a half pound off. I really liked the feel of it accept the stock was too thin for me.

Oh and I have strongly considered the diamandback. Still an option for me.

The decision on the Freedom is obviously entirely yours. I hope you get a good one and it lasts a long time.

I welcome your good wishes. Glad you were able to get a couple good ones too. :)

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 05:56:16 AM »
That Tikka is listed as 5.8 lbs and a 13 0unce scope. Even with the Kick ezee pad that rifle is going to be brutal.

Hunting you may not notice it as bad as on the bench.I like the Tikkas though.Their actions are very smooth and a good rifle for the price.The stainless is a great truck gun or one that will get abused quiet a bit.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
One thing about the Bushnells I'm sending back. I didn't like the 1st focal plane optics of the crosshairs. I knew that they would get smaller as I zoomed out, but the they were really small and difficult to see.

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 08:15:45 AM »
One thing about the Bushnells I'm sending back. I didn't like the 1st focal plane optics of the crosshairs. I knew that they would get smaller as I zoomed out, but the they were really small and difficult to see.

I have a couple of FFP scopes that are fine when you get way out but at 100 yards they are just to darn busy for me. The only one that doesn't do that is my Swarovski 3.5-18 Long Range. That's a case of you get what you pay for and I only wish I could afford more than one of them.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 09:45:25 AM »
Just received my new Leupold Freedom rimfire 2-733 scope yesterday.
Took off a cheap piece of crap that never held zero. $25 bsa from 15 years ago.
I can now get back to popping bunnies through the eyes.

By the way, VERY nice scope. 100% designed, machined, & assembled in the USA. The finish is rough, not glossy smooth. However, that is a GOOD thing because the course texture makes it difficult to move the scope back and forth in the rings, even when the rings are not tightened up.

Still have yet to take it out to shoot. Mounted and ready to go this morning.

That is a Marlin Golden 39A that I got as a present back in 1985.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:53:16 AM by North to Alaska »

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
Just received my new Leupold Freedom rimfire 2-733 scope yesterday.
Took off a cheap piece of crap that never held zero. $25 bsa from 15 years ago.
I can now get back to popping bunnies through the eyes.

By the way, VERY nice scope. 100% designed, machined, & assembled in the USA. The finish is rough, not glossy smooth. However, that is a GOOD thing because the course texture makes it difficult to move the scope back and forth in the rings, even when the rings are not tightened up.

Still have yet to take it out to shoot. Mounted and ready to go this morning.

That is a Marlin Golden 39A that I got as a present back in 1985.

Very Nice, I'm currently communication with Vortex about a scope for my 45-70 Govt Marlin Trapper. I set the bar pretty high so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member