Spike Camp

First Freeze Here

224KING

• View Profile
First Freeze Here
« on: November 12, 2018, 06:05:06 AM »
Nation guys in Texas down South of me.You've got some weather coming.33 here this morn with wind chill in the mid 20's.Monday night forecast 25 degrees and Tuesday morning's temp 24.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

Re: First Freeze Here
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 06:47:14 AM »
I still have the a/c on here and looking at potential tropical storm Patty.  Trade you weather?   ;D

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 08:06:46 AM »
No need to swap Bad.Want to get rid of the Army worms and flies.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

badsection

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 08:19:49 AM »
LOL, me too!   ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:28:14 AM »
Yeah it has hit here too now Tom.At least the cold front is going to blow out the rain for a few days. Calling for freezing the next few nights.Our first of the year.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »
Roger that Tom. +1 Roger :)
DosEquisShooter

sschefer

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
It was 18 here in the Northern Nevada High Desert this morning. This is pretty typical for us. The big difference is that our humidity stay's around 12-15% and being so dry we don't feel the cold as bad as you folks do. What we do have problems with when the humidity is this low is static electricity. If you come to visit don't bring your polyester, cotton is what you want or you'll get zapped a lot and it aint fun. Pulling back the covers at night is a regular lightening show.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:07 PM »
I've been busy trying to get some last minute things done before winter sets in and it's been below freezing a few times here already but I haven't really been paying attention.  On Saturday it snowed for the second time and was an almost white out for a while.  Today when I was out bringing in some coal I discovered there's an inch of ice on our pool and some of the ponds in the area are almost totally skimmed over with ice. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

badsection

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
Frost here once in the 16 years I've been here! My 98 year old neighbor says it snowed here ONCE in her life, in 1976. Damn, I miss winter! Tired of mowing the grass year round! :)

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
Amarillo has a lot of snow right now based on the reports I’m seeing. Some of the forecasts are calling for a light dusting for us northwest of Dallas tonight. We’ll see about that. Definitely supposed to get below freezing the next few days though. (Oops... posted this on wrong thread first time :o)
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 06:44:28 AM »
The wind chill is 24 degrees this morning with a freeze warning through 9am Wednesday.
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »
I looked at thermometer a couple times during the night while getting firewood for the fire.27 was the lowest I saw.Wind has kind of laid down here,but supposed to get back up.15 to 25mph forecast for today.44 for the high won't be too bad.Tomorrow morning will be the kicker.Calling for a low of 25.

Remember 10534

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »
You want believe. Coming into work today we had little snow flurries in College Station.This might be all we have all year.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

zonie

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
It's been between 15 and 20 degrees here in the Arizona Mtns the last few days and kind of windy.  We did have about 3 inches of snow last month but melted quickly.   Got mama set up in a pair of 1950's or 60's  US Navy winter flying trousers she is going to be needing in a couple of weeks on her deer hunt on the Utah border while driving the quads on those cold early mornings.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 09:26:00 AM »
Parts of eastern Canada are already under feet of snow, here in Southern Ontario temps are hovering around 32 F. Had a few inches of snow yesterday morning.
Time for me to break out the ice fishing gear. ;D

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member