Spike Camp

German made Mark V in 7mm -whatís it worth?

German made Mark V in 7mm -whatís it worth?
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:00:30 PM »
One of my safe queens that Iím considering selling.

Re: German made Mark V in 7mm -whatís it worth?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »
More pics

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »
Beautiful rifle! If I had room for it I'd be on it like stink on.. well, you know... LOL. If the barrel is good you could expect to get 1500-1800 for it. If the barrel is worn and the throat fire cracked or eroded then you might be in the 1100-1400 range. A savvy buyer knows It will cost around 500.00 to have Weatherby rebarrel it and the stock may need to be inleted to accommodate the #2 contour barrel if that is a #1 that's on it now. They use that to grind you on your asking price if they can. Get someone to run a borescope down it and take pictures so there's no doubt.

The one thing in your favor is the caliber. It's still very popular and sought after and when you combine that with it being a Weatherby, that rifle should darn near sell itself.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:29:12 PM by sschefer »
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 05:28:38 AM »
$1150 scoped for 24 inch barrel.For some reason 7mms don't sell that well.26 inch barrel would bring a $450 premium.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
$1150 scoped for 24 inch barrel.For some reason 7mms don't sell that well.26 inch barrel would bring a $450 premium.

+1, I upped it a bit because it's hard to find a 50 year old Weatherby with a stock in that condition. They are out there but you have to do a lot of looking. In this case a lot will depend on how it presents itself. If it is a #1 contour, 24" then it may be a 1-12 but if it's a #2 if may be a 1-10 so even with a 24" barrel it will still shoot very well even with heavier bullets. I'm thinking the same thing about the 26" barrel. If it had/has one it would be a bonus.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:38 AM »
Thanks guys.  I didn't think to measure the barrel length, but will when I get home.  I'm thinking about putting it on Gunbroker and seeing what interest it generates.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »
Thanks guys.  I didn't think to measure the barrel length, but will when I get home.  I'm thinking about putting it on Gunbroker and seeing what interest it generates.
Check the twist rate too.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »
I believe the 7 was one Roy never went to 1 in 12 in.The 257,270,and 300 did at one time,but don't think the 7 ever was.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.