Spike Camp

What model is this

What model is this
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
The 7mm wby I just boughts mfg date was narrowed down by Wby to 2002 to 2016. Ot is a MK V woth a nicely stained wooden stock with many coats of clear coat. It also has a very pronounced. Rollover monte carlo stock, more so than I see now adays Can anyone of you experts tell me what model it could be ? Or did Wby not make all the different models as now and it was just known as MK V ?

sschefer

Re: What model is this
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »
The 7mm wby I just boughts mfg date was narrowed down by Wby to 2002 to 2016. Ot is a MK V woth a nicely stained wooden stock with many coats of clear coat. It also has a very pronounced. Rollover monte carlo stock, more so than I see now adays Can anyone of you experts tell me what model it could be ? Or did Wby not make all the different models as now and it was just known as MK V ?

Can you post a picture of it? The fact that it is a wood stock say's it might be a deluxe or lasermark, If it has oak leaf engraving then it might be a LaserMark but if not then it might be a Deluxe. However, you're comment about the raised comb being different makes me think Camila but I don't think they made that in a 7mm Wby Mag.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:09:24 PM »
I don't pick it up till Tuesday but I'll try to find a picture that similar on the web and I will post it it's not a laser mark

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:14:18 PM »
The wood isn't quite this fancy but the stock is generally the same

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »
I guess and looking up that photograph I answered my own question it must be a deluxe

sschefer

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
I guess and looking up that photograph I answered my own question it must be a deluxe
Yes, the one in the picture seems to be a Deluxe.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »
Picked her up today. Went with Leupold rings. Look like better wiality and I couldnt make work with bases I have. Put on a Vortex Razor 3-15

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »
That should be a nice set-up for those Wisconsin whitetail. Or anything else you may go after

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
I agree, not too jeavy either. Heres a pict

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
Very nice setup. Congratulations. Keep us informed on how she shoots,
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

sschefer

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 05:29:00 PM »
Congratulations, I'm sure you will love it.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
Hey, Valley!!

WOW!  One gorgeous Mark V Deluxe .  And no, I'm not jealous ... MUCH!  ;)

Here's a tip off on how to spot a Deluxe ... look for a light Maple spacer behind the Rosewood forend tip and also on the grip cap.
Roy was a genius.  Period.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 07:52:34 PM »
I called wby, they informed me about the spacer also. Maybe ill get put to shoot next weekend