Spike Camp

Weatherby Vanguard 300 Wby

Weatherby Vanguard 300 Wby
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:26:06 AM »
Does anyone have a stock laying around that would fit this gun? The only thing I don't want is another Boyd's or the plain black synthetic stock. Got the gun used from a guy for cheap. He said it wouldnt shoot after his gun smith tried bedding the action and barrel. I pulled it apart and free floated the barrel and now it is shooting. Moral of the story I hate the stock that is on it and wanted to see if anyone had something different they wouldn't mind parting with.

Thanks

Re: Weatherby Vanguard 300 Wby
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »
Does anyone have a stock laying around that would fit this gun? The only thing I don't want is another Boyd's or the plain black synthetic stock. Got the gun used from a guy for cheap. He said it wouldnt shoot after his gun smith tried bedding the action and barrel. I pulled it apart and free floated the barrel and now it is shooting. Moral of the story I hate the stock that is on it and wanted to see if anyone had something different they wouldn't mind parting with.

Thanks

I have a factory "Vanguard S2 Select" stock (long action) that's just gathering dust. It's just the basic black polymer and nothing special. It came off a .270 Win Vanguard S2. If you think it will work for you, let me know. As a side note, you might be very happy if you switch things up and get a Hogue Fully Bedded overmolded stock. I put one on my .308 and it shot great but then I switched to a Boyd's At One and bedded that. I'm not happy with the At-One except that it looks really nice, and I'm putting the Hogue back on it.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »
I thought about putting an At 1 stock on it. I used to have it my Ruger American. It was great for letting the kids shoot the gun, but its going to be a while before they are ready for the 300. Also looking at the B&C stock. I have a sub MOA Vangaurd that has that stock and it feels pretty good. Just looking for something on the cheap until I figure out what I really want to do with it.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »
I thought about putting an At 1 stock on it. I used to have it my Ruger American. It was great for letting the kids shoot the gun, but its going to be a while before they are ready for the 300. Also looking at the B&C stock. I have a sub MOA Vangaurd that has that stock and it feels pretty good. Just looking for something on the cheap until I figure out what I really want to do with it.

Message me if you want the Select stock.
Steve
Lifetime NRA Member
Retired in the Nevada high desert and loving life.