Spike Camp

Pulled the trigger new rifle

Pulled the trigger new rifle
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
Just ordered my rifle from Buds Guns last night. Being sent to local FFL dealer who charges $20.
Vanguard S2 Stainless Synthetic 7mm Rem Mag with 26" barrel.
$602 + $7 insurance. Free shipping and no tax.
Buds guns was doing a price match.

Will post pictured when I get it.

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Pulled the trigger new rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »
Congrats on your new Weatherby. Whose price did Buds match?
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »
Congrats on your new Weatherby. Whose price did Buds match?
No idea. They just had the price up with the words "price match"

I see that Midway has an optics sale of 10% off. The scope I am looking at is normally $299. Leupold Freedom 4-12×40.
Now $269. Good timing.

sschefer

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
Congratulations, very nice choice of rifles.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Congrats on your choice of rifles.  One of my favorite rifles, which is my foul weather rifle, is a plastic stocked, stainless 24" 7 mm RM in a Rem 700 BDL.  I would rather it be a 26" Vanguard, but I don't think it would be worth the change.  Besides, I have sentimental ties to that rifle: it has given me 3 B&C animals.  ;D
NRA Endowment Life Member

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
Congrats, Santa came in early!! ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »
Santa my @$$.  lol
I've sold a Remington 7600 .270, Berretta 92fs, 410/.22 overunder Stevens (wood stock), 20 guage bolt action, .22 S & W revolver, and a muzzleloader.
Selling a Buffalo Bill Commemorative Winchester and another Winchester 30-30 to my cousin. Total of about $3,000.

Still need to get the wife her 7mm Rem Mag. Also strongly looking at a BLR Takedown in 7mm Rem Mag. Will eventually pick up two Ruger SP101 .357's (his and hers)

Just done with a bunch of guns I don't use or like that much. Upgrading my "collection" to fewer but better guns.
Consolidating to few calibers.
A few in the collection are for my daughters when they grow up or have too much sentimental value.

And the Walther PPK/s that my wife stole from me 😒 is the most accurate pistol I ever shot.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:20:19 PM by North to Alaska »

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 08:22:31 PM »
Congrats on your choice of rifles.  One of my favorite rifles, which is my foul weather rifle, is a plastic stocked, stainless 24" 7 mm RM in a Rem 700 BDL.  I would rather it be a 26" Vanguard, but I don't think it would be worth the change.  Besides, I have sentimental ties to that rifle: it has given me 3 B&C animals.  ;D

The extra 2 inches isn't going to give me much more fps. I do like the balance of a longer barrel though.
....and I just wanted to say I have a 26" barrel. ;D

sschefer

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »
Santa my @$$.  lo
I've sold a Remington 7600 .270, Berretta 92fs, 410/.22 overunder Stevens (wood stock), 20 guage bolt action, .22 S & W revolver, and a muzzleloader.
Selling a Buffalo Bill Commemorative Winchester and another Winchester 30-30 to my cousin. Total of about $3,000.

Still need to get the wife her 7mm Rem Mag. Also strongly looking at a BLR Takedown in 7mm Rem Mag. Will eventually pick up two Ruger SP101 .357's (his and hers)

Just done with a bunch of guns I don't use or like that much. Upgrading my "collection" to fewer but better guns.
Consolidating to few calibers.
A few in the collection are for my daughters when they grow up or have too much sentimental value.

And the Walther PPK/s that my wife stole from me 😒 is the most accurate pistol I ever shot.

I should really think about thinning the herd too. I have a few that just sit in the safe, oh hell that's a lie, most of my rifles just sit in the safe right now.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 09:50:10 PM »
Congrats on your purchase.

Dan:You just throw out a very low price to Buds and put any name down as to who has it and they will shoot you their lowest price.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 11:33:23 AM »
Congratulations on the rifle!!! But maybe you can trade one of your new 357s for the PPK your wife stole??
Doug

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 12:42:41 AM »
Congratulations on the rifle!!! But maybe you can trade one of your new 357s for the PPK your wife stole??
She's already getting one of the 357s. ::)
I should have thought about that....

When I met my wife, she was a bit gun shy especially with pistols. That PPK/S (with crimson trace) changed her attitude quickly. It's a joy to shoot.

I'm still waiting on Bobs to ship my rifle....

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:56:28 AM »
Picked it up yesterday.
Put the scope on tentatively. Still need to tighten down with locktite.
It is the 26" barrel and it feels nice to shoulder. Such a tiny little pull on the trigger. Barely touch it and it clicks.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 05:53:13 AM »
Okay, maybe Christmas came early 😀

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 09:04:00 AM »
Also, just a note on the scope/ring combo.
I will probably be getting different rings.
While the location of the scope works perfectly for me, there is NO wiggle room to move it forward or back. What worries me is the front ring pushes up against the bell. I am worried that tightening it down may damage the scope housing. It's just so close. Probably okay, and I will look at it more closely later when I have more time. It would definitely keep the scope from moving.