Spike Camp

Anybody want to buy a nice boat?

sschefer

Anybody want to buy a nice boat?
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:27:14 PM »
Seems my little friend mr. cancer can't make up it's mind where it want's to land next so they're keeping my on Chemo as a precaution. I bought the boat thinking this stuff was in my past. I have a real hard time looking at it knowing I don't have the energy to use it so I made the tough but right decision.

I'm selling my beautiful 2017 North River SeaHawk. I paid over 90,000.00 for the boat just a little more than a year ago. The boat is well equipped, like new and both boat and trailer titles are in hand.

Propusion:

1 Yamaha F250 (main with less than 20 hours on it)
2 Yamaha F9.9 (kicker with approx. 25 hours on it)
3 MinnKota Ultera 24v 80lb bow mount trolling motor.

Electronics:
Ray Marine Axiom (12")
Ray Marine integrated VHF

Batteries:
2 Starting batteries on a Perko Switch
2 Group 31 Gels up front for trolling motor on a Victron Monitor with blue tooth.

Fresh water wash down system.
Hydraulic ride front capts chairs.
Hydraulic SeaStar steering.

Dual Scotty 2116 Downriggers

All required safety equipment goes with the boat and I'll throw in a couple of down rigger rods and a net. Pyramid lake permit is good until June 2019. I'll reg the boat for Nevada 2019 just so it won't lapse. The trailer is good for a couple of more years (3 year tags).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:37:01 PM by sschefer »

Re: Anybody want to buy a nice boat?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cancer :(

Great looking boat but I think it draws a little to much water for the Big Muddy lake. ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:43:00 PM »
Your in my prayers!!! I lost my wife to ovarian cancer in January, 27 rounds of chemo and 3 major surgeries destroyed her will to live. Hopefully you beat it and your boat is still around. wishing you the best. Doug
Doug

sschefer

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cancer :(

Great looking boat but I think it draws a little to much water for the Big Muddy lake. ;D

Been fighting the C for three years now. I'm on a Testosterone killing type of Chemo because that's what Prostrate Cancer feeds on. I thought my last shot was last June and was just starting to feel like I was on the mend when they hit me with the news that although they can't see it, it is there in my nerves. They want to have it surface with nothing to feed it in hopes that it will die off before doing any damage. Hey, I'm all for that but it means I'm probably going to be stuck on this junk for the rest of my life. I sucks but it beats the alternative.

sschefer

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
Your in my prayers!!! I lost my wife to ovarian cancer in January, 27 rounds of chemo and 3 major surgeries destroyed her will to live. Hopefully you beat it and your boat is still around. wishing you the best. Doug

Thank you for the prayers and so sorry to learn about your wife's passing.

Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »
Prayers sent for your full recovery.
Molon Labe

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »
Wow, so sorry to hear.  We will also keep you in our prayers for a quick recovery so you can enjoy your Weatherbys & boat.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

sschefer

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
Thanks all, it is what it is and I've been living with it for 3 years. Thanks for the prayers, they do help.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »
Very sorry to hear this. I would keep the boat.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

sschefer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »
Very sorry to hear this. I would keep the boat.

Thanks. A boat this size requires a lot of attention and I'm afraid I'm not up to continuing to do that. If I sell it now, it's in top condition and brings top dollar. I'll get something smaller and easier to manage.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 11:26:59 AM »
Do you have a brother or good friend who could help you with the boat? Getting out on it, doing what you love and some real relaxation can have a positive effect on your health. I truly hope you get better.
Come and take it.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »
That's a lot of boat.
Sorry to here about your condition I lost my sister last summer to the big C.
Her's was very fast and very aggressive.
TD

sschefer

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Do you have a brother or good friend who could help you with the boat? Getting out on it, doing what you love and some real relaxation can have a positive effect on your health. I truly hope you get better.
My neighbors go with me a lot and are a great help. The problem with this boat is that it's not just a hook it up and go thing and when you get home it needs to be cleaned, flushed and stored. 25 feet of boat is a lot of real estate and it's just getting to be too much. The best sized boat is 16' for easy one person launch and retrieve at even the crappy ramps. I have one on order now. It's one thing to have a 90,000.00 boat sitting in the back yard and totally another when it's in the garage.

sschefer

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
This boat has sold..

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:25 PM »
Great. I hope you enjoy the new one!
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.