Spike Camp

Great Christmas Deals

sschefer

Great Christmas Deals
« on: December 09, 2018, 07:50:03 PM »
We've been fogged in for a week now so I decided to go to Reno to see if it was any better. No fog, just clouds and the sun would peek through on occasions. It was better than nothing. I had 225.00 in reward cards for Scheels so I stopped in and got some reloading supplies and a Ruger Single Six for 499.00 since it was the last one and the display model. They price match too but I didn't need to. They also had a big sale on 22LR and 22LRM so I stocked up.

Scheels is sort of a Bass Pro/Cabelas on steroids with twice the employees and most are very knowledgeable. I've always wanted a Single Six, I have a Super Black Hawk 44 mag and like it. Now that life has thrown me a little curve I think I'll be spending a lot of time plinking at the range and this will be perfect for that.

I also picked up a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10 x 44 for the 45-70. Great price on that also at 399.00 for the Plex Reticle. The Dead Hold BDC reticle is 100.00 more. I don't really think I need it for a carbine with a 16-1/2" barrel.

There's better prices at different places and online but I like Scheels and the people there so I'll pay a little more just for that. You can google them if you want, they sell online also.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:57:26 PM by sschefer »

Re: Great Christmas Deals
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
Nothing like a bit of gun shopping to lift the fog. ;) :D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:48:20 PM »
Sounds like you filled a lot of needs and then some. I've bought several firearms at the Scheels in StCloud, including my ULW 6.5-300. Always pleasent and well informed staff at that store, I'll probably shop there a lot more since Cabelas has been ruined by Bass Pro.
Doug

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
That looks like a nice addition to your safe. Coming home with a new firearm rarely disappoints!
Come and take it.

sschefer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »
My sickness is bad. No gun is safe from my safe if it's for sale and I have a credit card.. LOL...

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 03:06:32 PM »
Nothing like a bit of gun shopping to lift the fog. ;) :D

And your spirits....speedy recovery sschefer

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Yeah, a so-so day shopping guns is better than the best possible day you could ever have at work.
Come and take it.

sschefer

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 09:12:56 PM »
Yeah, a so-so day shopping guns is better than the best possible day you could ever have at work.

Work is a 4 letter word around here. I retired 3 years ago, now I just putz around and try to enjoy not working.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 02:10:33 AM »
I have some friends and know some guys that work harder at not trying to do anything than what they did at their job before retirement.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

sschefer

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 08:18:32 AM »
I have some friends and know some guys that work harder at not trying to do anything than what they did at their job before retirement.

Ha, and it is tough job.. Seems the minute you retire all your friends think you have tons of time and money. I had to move to the Nevada Desert just to get some time for myself. The first folks I met and my best friends now are retired so I think this is gonna work out just fine... LOL

badsection

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 09:00:02 AM »
I retired 1/1/1999.  By working New Year's Day, I got my 6 weeks of vacation for the year. My boss and his boss went crazy at that.
Yea, I invent stuff to do to stay busy.   ;D

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »
Gee Kevin I don't have that problem since the wife does it for me. But yeah everybody who is still working think that when you retire you have time on your hands when in reality I have to find time for my self which is usually after dinner.
TD