Spike Camp

(No subject)shell carrier

Gord

(No subject)shell carrier
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »
What is the main purpose of the shell carrier, do you need a shell in the carrier for multi firing. tks Gord

sschefer

Re: (No subject)shell carrier
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:12 AM »
What is the main purpose of the shell carrier, do you need a shell in the carrier for multi firing. tks Gord

Do you own a rifle?

Gord

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:47:40 AM »
Yes I own many rifles.  What,s the connection between a rifle and a shell carrier for a SA-08.plse explain

sschefer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
Yes I own many rifles.  What,s the connection between a rifle and a shell carrier for a SA-08.plse explain

Your original post didn't say it was for a SA-08.

Gord

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
SORRY for not being clear. 

I have a 12 gauge SA-08. I always thought that you needed to put a shell in the carrier for multi shots, (from the mag,to the carrier., to the chamber) but the other day a friend who has a Franchi said the I did not need a shell in the carrier for multi shots and he was right. So if I can bother you to explain what is the purpose of the shell carrier.  Tks in advance and sorry again  Gord

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Gord; Check out this video and maybe it will answer your question.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

sschefer

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
Pretty much the same as my Benelli

Gord

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
Yes the video does explain it clearly.  I have always loaded the gun as he did at the end of the video.  I carry two shots in the mag and when ready to fire I put one in the chamber and then close the bolt. For multi shoots I thought  before I fired I had to release a shell from the mag to the carrier by hitting the carrier release button I guess I don,t have to, am I correct in my thinking. tks for the quick replies. Gord

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »
Yes the video does explain it clearly.  I have always loaded the gun as he did at the end of the video.  I carry two shots in the mag and when ready to fire I put one in the chamber and then close the bolt. For multi shoots I thought  before I fired I had to release a shell from the mag to the carrier by hitting the carrier release button I guess I don,t have to, am I correct in my thinking. tks for the quick replies. Gord
[/quote                        Gord---  some people  make a big deal  over   the  carrier lock button ????  -- all  i do   when i clean my gun  is pull the trigger  on a empty chamber ,when i go hunting  i dont have to use it at all,lock it back - load chamber  then put  2 in magazine ,---when you  shoot  the gun the carrier  drops down , and the next shell goes into the chamber.     ....  i have  2 20 gauge  sa08   shotguns   a  black  syn, and a delux    i use for ptarmigan and ruffed grouse --- great guns no trouble at all :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 07:42:23 PM by partridge man »