Spike Camp

Weatherby once fired brass

Weatherby once fired brass
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:33 PM »
I wonder what Weatherby does with their once fired brass they get, when they do their accuracy testing. It would be a sweet deal, if, say once a year, offered it for sale on their website or though here somehow.  I'm sure they would have no trouble getting rid of it.   8)

Rob

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Weatherby once fired brass
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:48:01 AM »
I'm sure there are employees that reload that get 1st pick on that
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 07:37:05 AM »
I bought some off GB years ago and the guy said it came from Weatherby that they had used. Don't know if he had bought it from them on contract or an employee etc.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
Years ago Weatherby sold it themselves but when I called to order some two years ago I was told that they stopped doing that and they were going to sell it to some store(s) and the store would sell it.  I know MidwayUSA use to sell it but I haven't seen it on there in a long time.  I wish Weatherby would start selling it themselves again.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
Brassman brass sells them, and they are in the Weatherby boxes.  I've purchased brass from them, and I was told that they do get it from Weatherby.  Their prices are not bad either, and good people to deal with.

https://brassmanbrass.com/
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
Thanks a million for the info, I'll DEFINITELY be checking into that.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »
I'll second the recommendation for Brassman.  Best prices around (for 6.5-300 anyway) and a stand up guy.