Spike Camp

Must have ruffled some feathers

Re: Must have ruffled some feathers
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »
So what is the information that was released on FB but not here that got some folks worked-up? I still haven't seen that part after reading 2-3 pages of comments. Perhaps it was in the now deleted thread?

FWIW, I also do not do FB nor will I ever again.
JW

I like rifles with wood stocks

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »
So what is the information that was released on FB but not here that got some folks worked-up? I still haven't seen that part after reading 2-3 pages of comments. Perhaps it was in the now deleted thread?

FWIW, I also do not do FB nor will I ever again.
Progress on the move.
http://www.facebook.com/Weatherbyinc
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 01:58:20 PM »
Some guy on fb post daily photos of the progress being made on the new building. I think he lives right near where its being built. its no secret it cant be.
Every one jokes which window is there office.
its got to be something else.
Mark

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
My gripe is that if someone from Weatherby has time to post on FB, why not take another 5 min and post here.  The link Danno posted, shows a big "Happy New Year", what have we seen here?  The only times we see/hear something from Weatherby is when we complain about it. 

I like it here as well, and I'm very grateful for this forum, and this is one of only two forums I visit.  But, I do believe that we are being left behind. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 02:45:08 PM »
My gripe is that if someone from Weatherby has time to post on FB, why not take another 5 min and post here.  The link Danno posted, shows a big "Happy New Year", what have we seen here?  The only times we see/hear something from Weatherby is when we complain about it. 

I like it here as well, and I'm very grateful for this forum, and this is one of only two forums I visit.  But, I do believe that we are being left behind.

I see. I am on Twitter and follow Weatherby there. They have very little activity on their Twitter account. Last post was 9/22/18. I guess their preferred means of communication these days is solely FB. This board is a lot more enjoyable to me than FB.

JW

I like rifles with wood stocks

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 03:25:33 PM »

I agree with you and will pose this question, how long does it take to start a new topic here and then paste something you copied from another site, two or three minutes?  We're not worth two or three minutes?  If that's the case that's a lot of crap.  Someone said companies don't respect the 50+ age group well here's a news flash, if it wasn't for the 50+ age group Weatherby would've never become the company it's become because it would've gone bust long ago.  Yeah it really burns me that they cater the Facebook and Instragram clubs while leaving us in the dark even though when they started this site they advertised it as join and get the info first.  Well that hasn't happened and this issue has been aired in the past and yet it continues to happen.  I don't know about anyone else but I'm from the school of if you say it then do it.  The real funny part is Facebooks is anti-gun as they come yet that's where they put info first.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 04:18:21 PM »
Not defending or taking sides by I can only imagine how busy Weatherby must be moving the entire company to a new state, but then again if they have the time to post on face book they should have the time to post on this site...….just sayin

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
Agreed. 

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 04:45:06 PM »
The truth of the matter is that FB and twitter are the way of the future. It is just so simple for someone to post on there. What us Nation members must realise is that Weatherby is a multi million dollar company, and so must try and reach the greatest clientele base possible. And that unfortunately is Facebook. The Weatherby Inc FB page has some 228,378 people following it. Where as the Nation only has 91771 members. And to me it seems there is really only a handful of regular guys on here...I am not on Twitter so don't have their numbers. Plus there are several other spin off Weatherby FB profiles. So you can see why Weatherby must put more effort into a place that is going to reap the most rewards. Is it right? No I don't think so as the Nation was the 1st "Social Media" platform for Weatherby. But I can understand why they do what they do. And it does stink that the Nation gets hung out to dry and the last to know anything..
As I have said before, I much prefer this site than the 3 FB Weatherby sites I am on. I check in here almost every morning to see what people have been up to. I also post things on here that I would NEVER put on FB due to the fact that I don't trust that place nor the people on it. If I was only allowed one Weatherby site to be a member of, it would hands down be this one!
I think we all here just have to stay patient and realise we are not Weatherby's No1 site anymore. But Weatherby MUST NOT forget where their roots lay! This site was the first and should not be forgotten.
Another point, I really don't want to start a fight here, but calling Adam out at this point in time is not such a great idea. I mean the guy would be under such enormous pressure with the move and trying to keep his family business going.
We know Adam pops in here now and again, he has done so on one of my posts and apologised for a mix up in communication from their end, and I am sure once this move is complete he will again address the Nation. Hell if we are good little boys and girls maybe Weatherby will bring out a Limited Edition "Nation" rifle just for us.... Hint Hint Adam  ;D

Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:12 PM »
Well said BB!!!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 04:58:23 PM »
I understand what you're saying about their Facebook page having 228,378 people following it opposed to the 91,771 members here.  However I'd like to point something, we all know Facebook is anti-gun big time which begs the questions, of that 228,378 people following Weatherby on Facebook how many of them are anti-gunners who are looking for info to use against the gun companies?  How many of those people actually own a Weatherby or even a gun for that matter?  In my opinion Facebook is the social media equivalent to the state of California as they have the same anti-gun views.  I stand by my statements of do what you say you're going to do, people expect it, and will hold you to it.  When this site was being started up they said join and you'll get the info first, which hasn't happened multiple times in the past.  Huntnmachine put it best, if they have the time to post on Facebook they should have the time to post on this site.  I'm willing to forgive however I won't forget and will be watching to see if they live up to what they said.  There's a word for doing what you say you're going to which is INTEGRITY.  Many people and businesses lack it these days however I believe in it whole heartedly and it matters to me and others.  Oh and before I forget a limited run of .224 Weatherby Magnums in the Deluxe model would be REALLY nice.

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
I agree with BB too, well said. The whole world it seems, worships facebook every possible minute like it was God or something. Zuckerberg got filthy rich by being a sneaky slimeball and damn near everybody fell for it. Facebook data mines all users' information and sells it. Plus, they essentially own every photo you put on there. You can "delete" it, but they still have it. Nobody reads their fine print. Here's a novel idea: it wouldn't take a scientist or IT genius to have a page on the Weatherby website devoted to the new plant (there isn't one presently) with weekly (or so) updates, including a few posted pictures. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:18:04 PM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »
Yep totally agree with everything you said too Chris. Just the fact that all firearms and hunting organisations use facebook is just ridiculous due to how anti gun and anti hunting that place is. I just read a thing last night that said a site was shut down because it had a picture of a rifle on it.
Then there was a hunting page here in Australia with 55K+ members that was shut down with no reason given. The page creator had to jump thru facebooks hoops to get his site back up and running.
Because facebook govern themselves they are therefor free to do and treat people anyway they like. They say they are fair to everyone, that is unless you talk about a firearm or hunting. You could post the most disgusting anti social post one could think of on there and no one at the Facebook administry blinks an eye. Put put up a picture of someone with a prized hunting trophy or firearm and they jump all over them and delete the post saying it is not appropriate viewing. That is if they give a reason at all.
Aussie gun nut.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 07:19:29 PM »
I urge all to take some time off from this subject.I don't want it to escalate to the point of a complete shutdown.We are at a time right now that is somewhat unprecedented in the fact that there have been at least 2 posts yanked from the site and several members either booted or got suspended in the last week or so.I like it here and I like the other members as well.This is the only forum I am a member of and I don't want to lose it.I am sorry for making some sarcastic remarks in the posts that have been yanked.I think those statements might have made some other members respond in a way they wouldn't have normally.

+1 224KING

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 09:03:53 PM »
Yep totally agree with everything you said too Chris. Just the fact that all firearms and hunting organisations use facebook is just ridiculous due to how anti gun and anti hunting that place is. I just read a thing last night that said a site was shut down because it had a picture of a rifle on it.
Then there was a hunting page here in Australia with 55K+ members that was shut down with no reason given. The page creator had to jump thru facebooks hoops to get his site back up and running.
Because facebook govern themselves they are therefor free to do and treat people anyway they like. They say they are fair to everyone, that is unless you talk about a firearm or hunting. You could post the most disgusting anti social post one could think of on there and no one at the Facebook administry blinks an eye. Put put up a picture of someone with a prized hunting trophy or firearm and they jump all over them and delete the post saying it is not appropriate viewing. That is if they give a reason at all.
My + 1 Brett
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.