Spike Camp

Employment Opportunities at Weatherby

Re: Employment Opportunities at Weatherby
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 08:55:26 AM »
I don't doubt I would like living and working there, but I am one of those people whose fingers (and sometimes toes) freeze up really bad in very cold weather. Circulation I suppose. I had to live in Maryland for a time many years ago and saw temps as low as single digits down to 0 and hated that, as there were no gloves thick enough (for me to spend much time outdoors those days). Fortunately, average temps ranged more like 25-40F. I did enjoy some decent hunting there, despite their horrible gun laws. When I would get out in the field early it would typically be maybe 20-25 and often get up to 35-40 by noon, so that wasn't too bad. That was plenty cold enough for my thin blood though and was happy to get out of there. Hunting here in TX at 40-50 in the mornings suits my fingers much better and allows me to keep them LOL. I'm sure there are others who also deal with this problem.
Some like cologne, I like the smell of gunpowder.

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »
My nephew and I did a "last of the season" elk hunt in Wyoming. I had no clue how cold it was till I tried to get a drink out of my canteen.  It was solid froze!  I wasn't cold at all.   My nephew was crying the blues over the cold.  I moved to Florida for the lack of state income tax, the great gun laws and the considerably lower cost of living. I see the difference between here and Wyoming as higher heating bills there and lower that here air conditioning bills. Weatherby hiring a close to 70 year old man is the question.  :)

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
You guys are missing the fact that there is a beautiful women behind every tree in eastern Wyoming  ;D

That's why I live in western Wyo.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 05:53:23 AM »
You guys are missing the fact that there is a beautiful women behind every tree in eastern Wyoming  ;D

That's why I live in western Wyo.

Very nice
Don't take me Seriously l am not picking on Wyoming. Every state from Montana down to New Mexico is the same. Mountains west prairie east. For me not sure which l like the best, mountains or prairie, send about equal time in each every year.
Mike

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 08:33:29 AM »
That's why I love where I live, 25 miles west and I'm in the mountains, and 25 miles east I'm in the high plains.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
What part of Wyoming are you in?
Mike

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »

Sounds like the middle.LOL
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »

Sounds like the middle.LOL

It's more then 25 miles to anywhere from the middle of Wyoming. :o
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »

Fremont County.