Spike Camp

New products for 2019?

BB340

• View Profile
Re: New products for 2019?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 05:19:10 PM »
Hello there Nation.  We do have some exciting things coming out this year, even in the midst of our transition.  We will have a couple announcements at SHOT Show and then plan to launch the other products as they are available.  Rather than doing one big annual announcement of new products, we will be announcing products throughout the year as they are ready for release.  We do have several great product releases that will be announced between now and the summer.  I think there are a couple of them in particular that you guys will really like.  Stay tuned...

Adam

Thanks for coming on and telling us what will be happening. Make sure their are plenty of what ever it is you are releasing so as us little guys Down Under don't miss out. Actually Adam you could go one step further and just send any new release guns and gear straight on down to Tasco with my name on it! Thanks mate  ;D
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
I want to say that Weatherby had a short run of Mark Vs with a laminated stock.  The Mark V SLS (Stainless Laminate Sporter).  It would be nice it they brought it back.  I'd love to have one. :)

Blackbear, do you like dealing with Reeds Gun Shop?  My son bought a rifle from them on Gunbroker, and had a very good experience with them.  Their prices are very competitive.
I have nothing but good things to say about Reeds (Northern Firearms) and since its a 2 1/2 hour drive I just pick up my firearms in person. Their Gun Fair in April has all the major manufacturer's on site and you can try out rifles, shotguns and pistols on the range.  Besides good sale prices, I've been given a hat, box of ammo and Browning pays the sales tax with my past purchases!!

"Browning" :o ;D ;D
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
That's is awesome!  Thanks gents for the info.  Next time I'm in the need to buy a new anything (rifle/pistol, cannon, etc, etc,  ;D ;D)  I'll check them out first.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:55 PM »
Hello there Nation.  We do have some exciting things coming out this year, even in the midst of our transition.  We will have a couple announcements at SHOT Show and then plan to launch the other products as they are available.  Rather than doing one big annual announcement of new products, we will be announcing products throughout the year as they are ready for release.  We do have several great product releases that will be announced between now and the summer.  I think there are a couple of them in particular that you guys will really like.  Stay tuned...

Adam

Adam, Thank you for taking the time to give us this new information. We will be anxiously awaiting those products in particular that we will really like. Better start putting some more money away! maybe a rerelease of the 224 or maybe alimited edition nation rifle or a new Deluxe padded sling. Or how about a Nation exclusive knife from Dan?? The possibilities are endless.

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »
Anxious to see what's coming. My next rifle will be a Weatherby in some Cerakote configuration. Quite a few options now but maybe even a couple more.

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:25 PM »
A 240x257 wby would be a hotrod for speedgoat and deer.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »
A 240x257 wby would be a hotrod for speedgoat and deer.

I could get into one of those
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »
As much as the 270 mag shooters hoot and holler over their cal's capabilities,and the 6.5-300 just out there to compete with the 26 Nosler wouldn't the 27-300 make the most sense?Weatherby could be the 1st instead of the last to enter,and be,the top dog in that caliber.

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »
All the ideas for new calibers look pretty good. I was thinking more along the practical lines. The only Weatherby calibers I have so far are great, but with the velocity and power they have, and the new longer range high ballistic, bullets available, it would be nice to tighten some of the twists. How about 1:8 for the 240, 1:9 for 257 & 270, etc. even if they only offer it in a custom shop option?

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 08:26:33 AM »
The 270-300 has been a wildcat for a long time. Velocities are likely to show a 150-200fps gain, I'd guess, but that's just an off-the-cuff guess and could be underestimating. Development would be relatively easy. But barrel life would be pretty tight. Derrill had one for a while as did another friend of mine. Both of them sent the rifle down the road after a time as it was a pain to form cases and such, and the barrel erosion came on pretty quickly. With factory support, the forming part would be addressed with proper brass, so then it's just erosion. I'm still not sure the return is there on these really overbore cases, but that's just me.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:40 AM »

So what  you guy's are discussing is a new rifle that falls somewhere between a .264 (6.5) diameter bullet and a .308 (300) diameter bullet. The goal of that would be achieving the optimal game taking bullet weight while attaining the maximum velocity/energy? If that is the goal then .284 (7mm) fits right into that slot. The 7mm RUM is already available from other manufacturers and is pretty close to the 7mm-300 so to make it different enough I think you'd need to get to a 7-338. I think that would give you the edge and allow you to use heavier/longer bullets. I know that it's been done as a 7mm-338 Lapua.

The concern I would have if I was Weatherby is how it might affect sales of the 6.5-300. If they are strong then it might hurt them but if they are weak then it would kill it off (might be good) and replace it. I don't think you could ever hurt the 300 WM caliber. It has a loyal following.

Yep, my vote for the next awesome available caliber is 7mm-338.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 10:05:52 AM »
All the ideas for new calibers look pretty good. I was thinking more along the practical lines. The only Weatherby calibers I have so far are great, but with the velocity and power they have, and the new longer range high ballistic, bullets available, it would be nice to tighten some of the twists. How about 1:8 for the 240, 1:9 for 257 & 270, etc. even if they only offer it in a custom shop option?

I was thinking along the same lines. KCR 7mm wby mag with 1:8.5 twist, Sheridan Wyoming

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 11:33:58 AM »
Forgot to mention earlier, but I'm all in favor of a bit faster twist.  A 10-twist works fine for most stuff, but (especially as bore size decreases) moving a 8 or 9 (or even 7?) would really offer the ability to stabilize longer VLD-style bullets.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 11:56:53 AM »
The 270-300 has been a wildcat for a long time. Velocities are likely to show a 150-200fps gain, I'd guess, but that's just an off-the-cuff guess and could be underestimating. Development would be relatively easy. But barrel life would be pretty tight. Derrill had one for a while as did another friend of mine. Both of them sent the rifle down the road after a time as it was a pain to form cases and such, and the barrel erosion came on pretty quickly. With factory support, the forming part would be addressed with proper brass, so then it's just erosion. I'm still not sure the return is there on these really overbore cases, but that's just me.

So what I'm getting out of your post is it's a barrel eater.If it's a barrel eater then wouldn't the 6.5-300 even be harder on throats than the 27-300?As we discussed this earlier all that had the 6.5-300 were looking at 8-900 rounds.I could live with that,but if it's more like 400 then there are gonna be lots of 6.5-300s for sale in 4 or 5 years.You could very easily use up half your barrel life developing loads and practicing long distance shots.

I would like to hear what Adam has to say about it.They have bound to have done some testing.

Remember 10534

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Oh, based on what I know of the 7mmRUM and the 270-300 and 257-300, my guess is 800rds is pretty generous for the 6.5-300.  The 270-300 is similar though perhaps ever so slightly longer lived (it's really close in bore diameter, and I would assume very close in case volume).  And yes, I suspect we will see a gaggle of these 6.5-300s for sale in about 3-4yrs, as the barrels begin to erode and the bloom comes off the rose.  Watch the used racks and I suspect you'll see it happen pretty obviously.