Spike Camp

Firestone Blvd - then and now

Firestone Blvd - then and now
« on: January 08, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »
Here's some photos of the Weatherby location on Firestone Blvd in Southgate in it's heyday and now (it's an auto parts store). This was the second location for the store when Weatherby outgrew the first one. The original Weatherby building just around the corner on Long Beach Blvd is long gone.
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Firestone Blvd - then and now
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
Wow, what a shame.   I guess we can call it "progress".  :'(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:11:33 PM »
Oh I hear ya Grouchy, and I don't blame them one bit for leaving that terrible state.  However, I was referring to the building being a land mark, and now being something else.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »
Cool thanks for showing us. 8)
Aussie gun nut.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:41:10 PM »
Thanks for the memories!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 05:51:45 PM »
I love the history of the company. I never forgot seeing a Weatherby ad in Outdoor Life magazine around 1970; I was maybe 13. It had a picture of a Mark V in it and I wanted one as soon as I saw it. That would have to wait.
Come and take it.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »
I love the history of the company. I never forgot seeing a Weatherby ad in Outdoor Life magazine around 1970; I was maybe 13. It had a picture of a Mark V in it and I wanted one as soon as I saw it. That would have to wait.

Tex, you and me both.  I remember drooling over the ads, and saying that one day I was going to own one. 

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:31:17 PM »
I got bit really hard in 1983 even though I had seen them in magazines and they had caught my eye a few years earlier.A friend loaned a guy some money and the collateral was a 5 panel Lasermark in 300 mag.I'll never forget the beautiful piece of wood and the figure it had throughout the whole stock.Not to mention the Laser carving.Will never forget that one.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »
Oh I hear ya Grouchy, and I don't blame them one bit for leaving that terrible state.  However, I was referring to the building being a land mark, and now being something else.

Yeah, the auto parts company really “spruced the place up”  :-\ :-\ :-[
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....