Spike Camp

Sheriff

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Sheriff
« on: January 11, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »
The Governor of Florida just suspended the Broward County Sheriff Israel! About damn time!   :)

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Sheriff
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
Heard he plans to fight his termination in court.
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:25:24 PM »
Yes, about time that POS got fired!  Good on the FL Governor.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 06:05:13 PM »
Getting fired is up to the Florida Senate. The Governor can only suspend him and has replaced him already. It would be the best trial since O J if he does fight it.   ;D

I have absolutely zero local  knowledge but I’ve read that if DeSantis went ahead with the action against Israel he’d almost certainly be backed by the Republican held Florida legislature. 

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 08:43:22 PM »
The sheriff knew it could happen. He also failed to serve and protect and is hiding behind “procedures” as it is his best, and still poor defense.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »
Probably wouldn't have happened if a democratic governor had stayed in office, so lets hope it goes to court so a prosecutor can expose all the truth and rip the sheriff a new one.
DosEquisShooter

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:23 PM »
Probably wouldn't have happened if a democratic governor had stayed in office, so lets hope it goes to court so a prosecutor can expose all the truth and rip the sheriff a new one.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:30 AM »
 I'm sure you know your own states politics very well, so I only became aware of then Governor Scott's latter views on some issues during the last election. So, I agree with you, he most likely would have suspended Sheriff Israel. So my original post should have read, "if a democratic governor "had" been in office", my error.

From what Ive read though, Scott's views did change during his tenure, which probably helped him get defeated in the last election, and this is just internet information below:

Although appearing somewhat conservative in winning the Republican primary, general election, and in his first few months in office, as he began focusing on his desire to be reelected in 2014 he became increasingly liberal, even to the point of attempting to impose ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion on his State, and he caved to the gun control lobby by proposing more gun laws.
In June 2017, Scott signed an expanded "stand your ground" bill into law.[6] However, in February 2018, Scott caved to the gun control lobby and began advocating for additional gun control laws.[7] On March 9, 2018, Scott fully caved by signing a bill that enacted several gun controls, including raising the minimum age of gun purchases from 18 to 21, allowing judges to confiscate firearms from people they consider a threat, and requiring a three-day waiting period for purchases.[8]
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »
The only things I know about Sheriff Israel is regarding his coward Deputy and his defense of that coward so in my opinion it's long over due for him to be sent packing.  If I was that cowards boss I would've gone ape shit over his lack of doing his job and fired him rather than defending him.  To me Israel and the Coward are one in the same with the only difference being their titles.  It's sad they can't do anything to that coward now because he's retired. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 11:01:18 AM »
Very true!  If that POS coward had any b@lls, he could have saved the lives of who know how many kids.  Very sad!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:41 PM »
I don't want to go into great detail about tactics that my department trains guys in but I'll sum it up this way, if we're called to an active shooter we go in and stop him.  I'm sure you guys get what I'm saying.  The days of waiting for SWAT to show up ended with Columbine and in my opinion should've changed a long time before that.  Whenever I'm teaching I make sure to pound home the point of we don't rise to our training we fall back to it.  If you train people to sit around with their thumbs being butt plugs and allow them to be cowards that's what will happen when the crap hits the fan.  I've seen it time and time again over my the twenty years I've been in law enforcement and thirty years as a volunteer fire fighter.  It never ceases to amaze and annoy me how when some departments show up other's move to the sides and step away like Moses parting the sea.  I constantly say if you're afraid to do the job get the hell out of it and go do something else before you get someone hurt or killed.   
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »
The only things I know about Sheriff Israel is regarding his coward Deputy and his defense of that coward so in my opinion it's long over due for him to be sent packing.  If I was that cowards boss I would've gone ape shit over his lack of doing his job and fired him rather than defending him.  To me Israel and the Coward are one in the same with the only difference being their titles.  It's sad they can't do anything to that coward now because he's retired.

His entire department stood around outside.  The Coral Gables P D went in as soon as they were on scene. Israel's rules said "May enter" which he much later changed to "will enter" .  Israel blamed the officer who basically followed Israel's order as did his entire force on scene. The on scene Captain quit that department a while back for the lack of "on scene action" by Broward County Sheriff's department.  Israel is a politician first!   :) I assume I am hearing a lot more than most others as Scott Israel is a democrat.  The local news covered it pretty closely.

I have read multiple articles talking about how much better of a job local media did in covering and accurately reporting in the Scott Israel mess than the national jokes did.