Spike Camp

I polish my Vanguard stock

Re: I polish my Vanguard stock
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 02:04:55 AM »
Bien hecho, Juan.
"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence."

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 03:37:37 AM »
Buen trabajo Juan! The hand polishing of your stock to a deeper walnut color turned out great. Which rifle goes in that stock?
Hello Dano. How are you? That stock  is part of my Vanguard S1  300 WM. I remade bedding. And now I have to begin all again. This rfifle has mounted a Zeiss Diavar 3-12x56 reticle illuminated 44 but I dont like it. No parallax corrector on it. It is the cause I want a Leupold VXHD 6 3-18x50. My scope is 9 years old but very good maintened. It is like new. In Argentina that leupold is up 4000 dollars and here for that money prople goesvgor european optics. I dont know why leupold doednt be strong stay in argenyina. Here Leupold is loved and not fifty fifty. I want a leupold but itbcosts like a swaro. I have a swaro on a sauer and it is other  thing. Inclusive Zeiss is not like time ago in Argentina. Salutesvmy friend
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »
Buenos dias Juan.  El color esta muy lindo, buen trabajo!  Good morning Juan.  The color is beautiful, great job!

One day in the near future, I will visit your beautiful country.  My wife's niece lives in Buenos Aires, and we are planning a visit sooner, rather than later.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »
Stock looks awesome Juan! I like the color and it's nice and shiny. You got any pictures of the stock before polishing?

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 03:53:25 PM »
Stock looks awesome Juan! I like the color and it's nice and shiny. You got any pictures of the stock before polishing?
Yes sir. I will try to download one. Thanks. Juan

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 04:23:55 PM »
Hello again. This time is to say yours that everything is not  good in my rifle work. I think I have done a very bad thing. After polish the stock I looked into it and discovered there was something wrong about bedding. It was as factory system, never touched. The sintethic plastic similar bedding in front screw was like crashed or broken. At that moment I made great stupid thing. I tried to replace that epoxi material with some epoxi too with littles dusk of iron to make the formule more strong or resistent, only in that part, I say in base of front action screw place where that material was. Taking the obvius precautions I assembled the rifle and adjusted both action screws. I let pass some minutes and dessasembled the rifle again. It look good, apparently. When I assembled rifle again I discovered the barrel wasnt touching, the pression point of stock. I turn on very strongly the screws but I couldnt obtain barrel touch the pression point. Now, rifle or barrel became floated. I saw and read sometimes that the presion point never must be removed. I didnt remove that piece. Both screws are strongly turned on, and I have to complement action with stock with piece of iron similar nuts between stock and action in the back screw like bushings. This rifle shoot until today very well. I remember I post some targets. Now, I dont know how the gun will work. Tomorow I will go to shooting club and then I will coment you the results. By the way. What do yours think rifle can work being floated? The barrel is 24" 300 WM Vanguard. I am the first owner of that gun and I feel like an stupid since I did that stupid thing. Someone of you happened similar situation? How did you resolve that problem? I feel I have to strike my balls against the wall. Can that stupid thing make the rifle work very bad? I know that for discover results I have to shoot first. I got problem with the floor plate too. It didnt want to close very well. I think it was resolved. The tipic fucking day for me.
My excuses, please.
Juan, from Argentina
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:33:43 PM by juan »

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
I think I am actually learning Spanish. :)

I pretty much understood the last part of Juan's post. ;D

We have all been there and done that one way or another. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Juan, do not worry about the pressure point. I have a 300 fully floated and a 308 fully floated and they both shoot better than the ones that aren't. The bad thing you think you did was probably a good thing. All you need to do now is to loosen the screws, tap the butt of the rifle on the floor and then tighten them back down and go shoot.
Weatherby Rifles:
M5 USA .257
M5 USA 6.5-300
M5 USA 300
M5 German 300
M5 .308 TRR
VG .308
VG 270
Other:
Win M70 30-06
Brn XBolt HC Speed 300 WSM
McMil G30 Dynasty 270 WSM
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Mar 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 pre 64 30-30
4 AR-15 Match 5.56
2 AR-15 Match Wylde .223
1 AR-10 Match .308

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
Juan, do not worry about the pressure point. I have a 300 fully floated and a 308 fully floated and they both shoot better than the ones that aren't. The bad thing you think you did was probably a good thing. All you need to do now is to loosen the screws, tap the butt of the rifle on the floor and then tighten them back down and go shoot.
Hello Highdeserthunter and every friends. Today is raining so much in my city and I couldnt go to shooting club. I use this time to dessasemble the rifle again. I discovered something. This type of gun has four points where stock touch firmely iron piece like barrel and action body. First back screw then trigger base . Third front screw and last barrel pression point. As time was horrible I studied all the system and saw that points must be lined up. Just the second I removed without intention  was the problem. I replace that with epoxi material and iron dusk. I assembled all the rifle again and the rifle was converted as ever. I have to prove shooting. At this moment I dont know  what is right or wrong. If rifle shoot good ok. If not I will take all yours advices. Thsnk you very much. Being ever in contact with you I send my salutes.
Juan. From Argentina

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
Hang in there Juan. You will get her shooting great again.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »
I hope god wants it Roger. Hugs