Spike Camp

Some more new products for 2019

Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Re: Some more new products for 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:16:59 AM »
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/10/29/a-first-look-at-2019-s-new-guns/

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Those retro mossberg shotguns look pretty cool. I'd like to see more retro offerings like that from all the manufacturers.
JW

I like rifles with wood stocks

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »
I don't get the craze with the short barrel shotguns with the pistol grip.  Maybe they're trying to appeal to the movie crowd or make them appear cool but most people will only shoot them once and regret doing it.  To me they rate up with a turtle on a fence post.  There's some nice new stuff coming out and some that'd I'd classify as junk such as the Standard Manufacturing S333 Thunderstruck.  What a piece of crap, I'd be embarrassed to even look at that let alone buy one. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:29:35 AM »

Those little pistol grip shotguns are ok close range guns. I've tried them at an indoor range that rents them. I personally liked the bull pup's better but I don't think I'd buy one of those either. I have a Benelli M4 Super 90 semi auto 12 gauge for home defense and it will easily get the job done. It's also easy to shoot.

The other one that I never understood is the 9mm AR style rifle/pistols. I've shot a lot of 9mm through an Uzzi which in full auto, get's the lead out but a semi-auto doesn't make much sense to me. I have a new Glock 45 with a 17 round magazine. I can carry it concealed or open and I'd bet I can out shoot anyone with a 9mm AR.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
You might be hard pressed to get a better home protection arm,but I'd opt for something in 20 gauge and would use the little short shells.That would take a lot of the umpth out of the kick to your hand on one of these pistol grip type shotguns.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:18 AM »
You might be hard pressed to get a better home protection arm,but I'd opt for something in 20 gauge and would use the little short shells.That would take a lot of the umpth out of the kick to your hand on one of these pistol grip type shotguns.

I think a lot of folks think the 12 gauge is the only home defense weapon that will take out a perp. I also think a shotgun is a good choice but a .410 or a 20 is all you really need. The upside to both of those is that post event home repairs are typically much less expensive.  ;D
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »
Thanks for sharing Roger.  The Tristar Firearms TT-15 Field Over-Under are nice shotguns.  I've never heard of them, so I wonder how good they are.  Some of the ARs are nice, but the rest is just junk, and they belong in the bottom of the ocean.  ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 10:16:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing Roger.  The Tristar Firearms TT-15 Field Over-Under are nice shotguns.  I've never heard of them, so I wonder how good they are.  Some of the ARs are nice, but the rest is just junk, and they belong in the bottom of the ocean.  ;D
Oscar, I liked the Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite rimfire 22's as new additions, don't put them at the bottom of the ocean :(.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »
I have a difference outlook on shotguns as a home defense weapon.  Yeah they'll get the job done extremely well with most ammunition but there's a down side to them.  If you're using shot you have the possibility of injuring an innocent person and on the flip side of that if you're using slugs you run the risk of over penetration and also possibly injuring an innocent person.  The thing that I don't think many people realize or consider is the fact that after the situation is done you're going to have to justify what you did.  Sure you could be, and hopefully are, justified in using deadly force however if you injure an innocent person your problems are just getting started and could have some extremely serious consequences.  It's going to start off with explaining why you did what you did to some police officer who might not know much about guns and might even have some ideas about you even before he lays eyes on you just because of what your choice of weapon was.  Besides that you're going getting sued, that's a guarantee,  you could end up being arrested, convicted, and spending time in jail.  And with some of the crazy decisions district attorneys and rulings judges make these days the odds of that happening today are even greater than they were five or even ten years ago.  Imagine sitting in court and have some bottom feeder lawyer who's suing you start showing the jury one of those little shotguns with the pistol grips and saying look at the weapon the defendant used, I bet the only time you saw something like this was in a movie when they used it to kill someone.  Or they start showing it off while they're cross examining you and asking you if it was your intent to kill the person.  The thing is lawyers have months and even years to pull apart and make arguments against a decision you had seconds to make, it happens every day in courtrooms across the country.  I'm not telling you not to buy it or use it if you have to, I'm just saying think about it before you're explaining some hard questions that may alter your life for God only knows how long on why you did what you did and why you used what you used.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:17:00 PM by Chris338378 »

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 01:18:23 PM »
Most deadly ammunition made for pistols is intended for the sole purpose of killing people not animals. If thats all thats made, will you get sued for using that ammo too.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 04:18:59 PM »
The point that I tried to make is with a shotgun when using shot you have multiple projectiles going down range at the same time which spreads out hence increasing the odds of hitting an innocent person.  This is the primary reason many law enforcement agencies are moving away from using shotguns and using more patrol rifles.   Some agencies have even removed all their shotguns from service.  For the issue of getting sued no matter what weapon you use in a deadly force incident you're going to get sued.  The point I'm trying to explain is how the lawyers who are suing you are going to try to portray you choice of weapon to attempt to make the jury believe your intent was to kill rather than stopping the threat you were faced with.  Regarding Danno50's statement that the sole purpose of ammunition for pistols is to kill people not animals, there isn't one ammunition company that will ever say that in any form in any ad or statement because of the civil liability they'd face from that statement. 

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
Depends on what state you live in too.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
Very nice Roger.
 I will have to check out the American made Walther PPK
Mark

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »
Depends on what state you live in too.

Very true and also depends on the level of the bottom feeder lawyer who's bringing the case against you.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
I agree with you Chris, ammo companies can't advertise that way, or they'ed be sued. But we know that they're talking about the lethally of the ammunition that they make for home defense or CC. Penetration is what they're talking about. Going through layers of clothing, and geletin etc.  Knowing that you can control your weapon of choice in a stressful situation should be a key factor in your choice of weapons. Accidentally shooting someone whose not directly in the line of fire is a possibility whether its a CC situation, home defense, with the use of a shotgun or pistol..in any case, if you have to shoot at someone whose an immediate threat, as has been said above, know the laws of your state, and be prepared for the aftermath. 
DosEquisShooter