Spike Camp

Mark V Accumark Trigger Replacement

Mark V Accumark Trigger Replacement
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:59:15 AM »
All -

I just ordered a Timney trigger for my Mark V Accumark rifle with synthetic stock. I don't see much in the way of any videos online ,so wondering if the install is easy or does it require some work to get the trigger installed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Mark V Accumark Trigger Replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
Nothing to it.  Going from memory, I believe there is one allen screw in the top and one phillips head in the bottom. 
BPH

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:56:23 PM »
I did look at the instruction sheet that is posted online. Looks like two screws that I need to loosen with the American made Mark V. The German made Mark V includes a pin that needs to be removed. Looks straight forward for the most part.

Before anyone asks I am replacing the factory trigger due to excessive creep. I sent the rifle back for a misaligned mag box issue that wouldn't allow the cartridges to drop out the bottom and while there I asked them to fix the junk trigger but they didn't do it. I had three issues with the rifle - Misaligned mag box, sling swivel stud that was extremely loose and junk trigger. Made notes about the issues which I sent back with the rifle and also informed CS prior to shipping. They sent back a a newly aligned mag box that appears to be fixed, crooked sling stud, and of course the junk trigger. Not a happy customer. I have to say the quality of my Accumark wasn't even close to what I paid for it. 

Ron

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »
The Americans have a screw on top and a screw on the bottom. Remove the screws, remove the trigger, drop the new trigger in, replace the screws and then tighten the screws making sure to keep the bolt release pin centered in it's hole. Setup your new trigger to the pull that you like and then put the rifle back together. It's really a straight forward process. The instructions that come with it are pretty easy to read if you have a big frigging magnifying glass. I didn't realize they were the instructions until after my rifle was all back together.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 05:45:12 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys. Waiting on the trigger to arrive.

Thanks,
Ron

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
Received the Timney trigger today in the mail from Optics Planet $118. It was a very easy install. Two screws and it was done. What a big difference the new trigger made versus what trigger that was in the rifle. Thanks again for all the help.