Spike Camp

Can't get in contact with Weatherby at all!

Can't get in contact with Weatherby at all!
« on: January 30, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »
So to make a long story short I had a few malfunctions on my last hunting trip in northern Manitoba. We were duck and goose hunting for 3 days and by the end of the trip my SA-08 was no longer safe to operate. The first issue I started to notice is the handguard started to develop a crack which traveled about midway down. I was told by one other in my hunting party that his browning A5 had that same issue and it was due to wear from the gas system, which makes sense but not after light use and to a gun that has only seen a few hundred shells through it. The next thing I noticed was a small crack developing in the stock now directly behind the trigger. It was at this point I decided to stop using the shotgun and barrowed one for the remainder of the trip. On the last day when I was breaking down my shotgun for air travel I noticed the chrome bolt had actually broke into two pieces at the back corner. Upon returning to the U.S. I immediately contacted Weatherby on or about October 1st, 2018 and was given an RMA# and a few days later I shipped the gun back to Weatherby for repair/service. The date is now 01/30/2019 and have heard nothing from Weatherby, not even an email that they have received my firearm. Now when I call the following numbers 1-307-675-7840, 1-307-675-7800 and the old Paso Robles # 1-805-227-2600 I cannot talk to a real person just that the operator is on the line with another person and to leave a message. I have left multiple messages to the main number along with the consumer services answering machine with no reply.

What do I do now? Does anyone have another contact number for the U.S. I have not tried? This seems crazy to me that I cannot get ahold of anyone nor get a return call/ email. And as far as my shotgun is concerned do I need to report this as missing to my local PD because I cannot get ahold of Weatherby? Any help or advice would be appreciated.               

Re: Can't get in contact with Weatherby at all!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:28:18 PM »
They are currently in the process of moving.    They still seem very active on social media,  have you tried to connect with them there?    Couple of large events going on as well,  that they have been attending.    Might be another reason for current slow response time.    Running a company and relocating while escaping Commifornia and handling show season, can be difficult. 
Weatherby SA08 20g, Weatherby Orion I 12g

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
If you go on Facebook to the Official Weatherby Inc. page you can click the "Send Message" button and send them a message with a brief description and the best way to contact you. They respond quickly to these. I'm not sure who gets the message but whom ever it is, seems to drop the hammer if its customer satisfaction related.
Weatherby Rifles:
M5 USA .257
M5 USA 6.5-300
M5 USA 300
M5 German 300
M5 .308 TRR
VG .308
VG 270
Other:
Win M70 30-06
Brn XBolt HC Speed 300 WSM
McMil G30 Dynasty 270 WSM
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Mar 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 pre 64 30-30
4 AR-15 Match 5.56
2 AR-15 Match Wylde .223
1 AR-10 Match .308

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 02:53:27 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, guess I need to find a buddy with a Facebook account to accomplish this. Yes i do not have Facebook and no i will not create one, I have made it too far without one to cave now.