Spike Camp

Weatherby calibers in other rifles

Weatherby calibers in other rifles
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »
I'm not up on this like just about everybody else here :-[

Do other rifle manufactures build rifles in Weatherby calibers?

I know everybody builds for Winchester and Remington ect calibers but do they for Bee's?
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

Buckleman

• B-MAN
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherby calibers in other rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:33:54 PM »
Right now Remington has a 257, years back there was a few, 270, 300, 7mm. All short run.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:40:50 PM »
Winchester and Sako also sold some 300 Weatherby chambered rifles too, I believe.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
I think Iíve seem Ruger #1s in Weatherby chamberings. Blaser makes a 300 Roy. New Ultra Light Arms will make you anything that fits their actions.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:51:07 PM »
I'm not up on this like just about everybody else here :-[

Do other rifle manufactures build rifles in Weatherby calibers?

I know everybody builds for Winchester and Remington ect calibers but do they for Bee's?
Uhhh I am up on this.Remington makes them and they are very fast and accurate.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »
Yes...I have a few of them. I have a Winchester Model 70 XTR chambered in a 270 Weatherby (push feeder, post-64 Model 70).

I have a Remington 700 Classic in a 7mm Weatherby.

Lastly, I purchased another Remington 700 Classic in a 300 Weatherby and had it re-barreled/re-chambered to a 6.5-300 Weatherby.
JK

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 07:27:46 PM »
I think it has something to do with the patent running out at some time.Don't know the exact date,but once it ran out,others could start chambering them.
Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
Thanks guys, I guess I hadn't seen any or it never registered with me that others chambered for Weatherby. 

Again a wealth of knowledge on this site. :)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 07:47:18 PM »
I never thought of buying a rifle chambered in Weatherby that wasn't a Weatherby. Weird that I didn't now that I think about it.
Weatherby Rifles:
M5 USA .257
M5 USA 6.5-300
M5 USA 300
M5 German 300
M5 .308 TRR
VG .308
VG 270
Other:
Win M70 30-06
Brn XBolt HC Speed 300 WSM
McMil G30 Dynasty 270 WSM
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Mar 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 pre 64 30-30
4 AR-15 Match 5.56
2 AR-15 Match Wylde .223
1 AR-10 Match .308

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 08:05:44 PM »
Knowing how hard it was to find a 7mm Wby Mag, I had one made on an Czech Mauser action. Not long after getting it I found some "real" Weatherby's in 7mm Wby Mag and I wondered about selling the Mauser. I didn't sell it, a few weeks ago the Mark V practically fell into my hands, and I'm totally happy with what I have.

I read one review of a Rem 700 and a Wby Mark V, both chambered in 257 Wby and the Rem came out as the better deal in price and accuracy. Was there favoritism shown by the writer? I don't know. I will not judge a rifle by its price.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »
I think that 224King is close to it.  In many of my OLD Gun Digests, European rifles were offered in some Weatherby calibers years ago, but not the American companies at that time.  That could have been a patent or trademark situation.  Those are similar.  Some patents and trademarks are registered Internationally, and some are only registered in one country.  Then I remember when Remington and Winchester started to offer .300 Weatherby's a number of years ago.  I think that Remington did it in their "Classic" series, where they would offer a different "classic" cartridge every year.  Terminator said that they shoot well, BUT I have heard that some say that not all do.  I was in a large gun store once, and a fellow was in their complaining about his Remington in .300 Weatherby not shooting well.  He had had it in several times, and they had done various things to it, to try and tighten up the groups.  Then one of the salesmen told me off to the side, "If you want a Weatherby caliber, you got to buy it in a Weatherby rifle, because Weatherby rifles have the "free-bore" and the other rifles do not.  Weatherby calibers need the free-bore, and Weatherby has that figured out to a science"  I am just the messenger on that statement.  MM

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
Both the Remington 700 Classics and Winchester Model 70 XTRs have the same chamber with free bore as a Weatherby rifle.

The rifles I have all shoot well...no complaints.
JK

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 09:01:24 PM »
Montana Rifles will chamber any Weatherby for you I believe.
 ER shaw rifles...

not too many others out there that I know of, at least not as a standard.

Remington at least use to do the .257wby,

I think sako at one time had a 300 and 340wby.

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 01:52:45 PM »
Like was mentioned, other manufacturers do produce some Weatherby chamberings. I have a Remington 700 in 7mm Weatherby and a 700 XCR in 257. The XCR is actually a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation edition. You can still get a 700 in 257, I think. Built a custom 300 on a 700 action. I had a Model 70 years back that was chambered for 270 Weatherby. It's all good. ;D

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 02:51:25 PM »
Weatherby certainly chambers their rifles in other's calibers. LOL!