Spike Camp

Losing faith in weatherby

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Losing faith in weatherby
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 06:35:37 AM »
I originally came to this forum to find out some info on lead times and weatherby customer service practices. My comments were met with some animosity by a few, I want to clarify the weatherby brand has been served our family well and it's not personal. Moving on from that I have some more insight to the rifle blowing up. After talking over weatherbys findings with my Dad, he said mixed ammo and bad eyes could have been the culprit. I have not seen the removed case, but he said there was some 375 h&h mixed in with the 378w. I'll try to find out more, I have to tread lightly with a proud 83 yr old. Thanks again, for the positve comments and concerns.

We'd Love to see a picture of your father with his rifle and or something he harvested with it! In the past there have been some trolls that have showed up here just to cause trouble, and the regulars here are very protective of the Weatherby name. Hopefully you'll hang around and join us?
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 07:22:29 AM »
I originally came to this forum to find out some info on lead times and weatherby customer service practices. My comments were met with some animosity by a few, I want to clarify the weatherby brand has been served our family well and it's not personal. Moving on from that I have some more insight to the rifle blowing up. After talking over weatherbys findings with my Dad, he said mixed ammo and bad eyes could have been the culprit. I have not seen the removed case, but he said there was some 375 h&h mixed in with the 378w. I'll try to find out more, I have to tread lightly with a proud 83 yr old. Thanks again, for the positve comments and concerns.

We'd Love to see a picture of your father with his rifle and or something he harvested with it! In the past there have been some trolls that have showed up here just to cause trouble, and the regulars here are very protective of the Weatherby name. Hopefully you'll hang around and join us?
   +1

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »
+2
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »
+3  I'll be the first to admit I'm very protective of Weatherby and look at post like your's with a skeptical point of view because we've had more than a few trolls here who put up posts with a similar theme to start trouble and end up getting caught in the end.  That being said I feel bad your Dad lost his prized rifle but am thankful that no one got hurt and must say he must be one heck of a guy to shoot and hunt with a .378 at his age, my hat's off to him. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 01:41:43 PM »
Yes I too would love to see some photos of your dad, his rifle and critters he has taken with it. He sounds like a real character with a lifetime of good yarns to tell.
Aussie gun nut.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 02:13:29 PM »
In this part of this topic  I dont understand anythings more. There is a post saying the case head was separated and in another post says that the case removed cannot be seen. I think it obeid to my poor english lenguage or not?
It is better for me to leave at home
Until nexts friends.
Juan
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 04:24:22 PM »
+3  I'll be the first to admit I'm very protective of Weatherby and look at post like your's with a skeptical point of view because we've had more than a few trolls here who put up posts with a similar theme to start trouble and end up getting caught in the end.  That being said I feel bad your Dad lost his prized rifle but am thankful that no one got hurt and must say he must be one heck of a guy to shoot and hunt with a .378 at his age, my hat's off to him.

+1

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »
I did not mean to come across as a skeptic, though i probably did.  The current update for anyone interested is a new 378 mark v deluce has been ordered through weatherby for a replacement. Customer service has been very pleasant during the replacement process. The new rifle will be 5-6 month lead time, due to the addition of installing iron sights.

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »
Looking forward to pictures when you get it and how she shoots.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
Looking forward to pictures when you get it and how she shoots.

Absolutely!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....