Spike Camp

Losing faith in weatherby

DW5

• View Profile
Re: Losing faith in weatherby
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »
Hey Rifleman8, I know some of the responses on this thread may have seemed a little bit less than understanding, especially from your point of view. I’d like to say thank you for coming back on and letting everyone know the resolution to the situation, and doing so in a respectful manner. Not that you haven’t always been, just seen these type of things go sideways before.

Sincerely hope you guys find another rifle for your dad that, while not being able to ever replace the old one’s personal value, hopefully he and you can make some new special memories with. Hope it’s another Weatherby too. Good luck sir!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 05:01:23 PM »
Thanks for the update Rifleman8, sorry your fathers Weatherby is not fixable.
Doug

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »
Bummer your dad's rifle was not fixable.  On the bright side, if it was another manufacturer's action, the result could have catastrophic, luckily he was shooting a Mark V.  Hopefully you'll become a regular member of the Nation, and share some of your dad's stories with his rifle.  Good luck to you sir finding your dad a new rifle.
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
Hey Rifleman8, I know some of the responses on this thread may have seemed a little bit less than understanding, especially from your point of view. I’d like to say thank you for coming back on and letting everyone know the resolution to the situation, and doing so in a respectful manner. Not that you haven’t always been, just seen these type of things go sideways before.

Sincerely hope you guys find another rifle for your dad that, while not being able to ever replace the old one’s personal value, hopefully he and you can make some new special memories with. Hope it’s another Weatherby too. Good luck sir!

Here Here
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 05:22:34 PM »
+2
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 05:36:29 PM »
+3

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »
+4

257 Shooter

• 257 Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
+5. The bright side is everyone still has all their body parts. It would be worthwhile to determine how such a high pressure load was created, for future safety.

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »
I truly am sorry that you're dad lost his favorite rifle. You may have lost the rifle as a shooting rifle but you have not lost it's sentimental value. Why don't you take some time and patch it back together and turn it into a wall hanger that you and your dad can look at and remember all the wonderful times you and he had with it. Stories will abound with every glance I'm sure.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »
I originally came to this forum to find out some info on lead times and weatherby customer service practices. My comments were met with some animosity by a few, I want to clarify the weatherby brand has been served our family well and it's not personal. Moving on from that I have some more insight to the rifle blowing up. After talking over weatherbys findings with my Dad, he said mixed ammo and bad eyes could have been the culprit. I have not seen the removed case, but he said there was some 375 h&h mixed in with the 378w. I'll try to find out more, I have to tread lightly with a proud 83 yr old. Thanks again, for the positve comments and concerns.

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:37 AM »
I originally came to this forum to find out some info on lead times and weatherby customer service practices. My comments were met with some animosity by a few, I want to clarify the weatherby brand has been served our family well and it's not personal. Moving on from that I have some more insight to the rifle blowing up. After talking over weatherbys findings with my Dad, he said mixed ammo and bad eyes could have been the culprit. I have not seen the removed case, but he said there was some 375 h&h mixed in with the 378w. I'll try to find out more, I have to tread lightly with a proud 83 yr old. Thanks again, for the positve comments and concerns.

We'd Love to see a picture of your father with his rifle and or something he harvested with it! In the past there have been some trolls that have showed up here just to cause trouble, and the regulars here are very protective of the Weatherby name. Hopefully you'll hang around and join us?
Doug

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »
+2
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »
+3  I'll be the first to admit I'm very protective of Weatherby and look at post like your's with a skeptical point of view because we've had more than a few trolls here who put up posts with a similar theme to start trouble and end up getting caught in the end.  That being said I feel bad your Dad lost his prized rifle but am thankful that no one got hurt and must say he must be one heck of a guy to shoot and hunt with a .378 at his age, my hat's off to him. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
Yes I too would love to see some photos of your dad, his rifle and critters he has taken with it. He sounds like a real character with a lifetime of good yarns to tell.
Aussie gun nut.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »
In this part of this topic  I dont understand anythings more. There is a post saying the case head was separated and in another post says that the case removed cannot be seen. I think it obeid to my poor english lenguage or not?
It is better for me to leave at home
Until nexts friends.
Juan
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?