Spike Camp

How long has it been sense you have shot your favorite Rifles.

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: How long has it been sense you have shot your favorite Rifles.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 04:16:24 PM »
Shoot, it was 80 degrees last week (a record high), and the last three days it has been in the low 40s, overcast and windy.   >:(

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »

Funny how sitting at a bench always seems colder than sitting out on the prairie with a 22-250 and a coyote call.  On the plus side, it doesn't take long for barrels to cool down.  Our local sportsmans club puts on matches but I don't participate.  I'd much rather be out chasing coyotes or sitting in a warm cab watching my tip-ups and waiting for dinner.

Seriously, sitting at a shooting bench on a cold day is not my cup of tea.

I'd much rather sit at a shooting bench when it's cold and windy rather than melting and sweating stuff off when it's hot and humid.
[/quote]

We do get our hot days but seldom see humidity over 20%.  A 95degree day will normally have humidity in the neighborhood of 8 to 12%.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 07:35:33 PM »
You're a lucky man, when it gets into the high 80s or higher lots of humidity normally comes with the heat.  I can't stand that crap.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 05:37:47 AM »
Hello. I dont like shootting  on summer  time. I shoot my favourite gun one year ago and another favourite too one month ago or nearly time. I pay every month one hundred dollar at shootting club. I think I have to rewiew that questions. I shoot when I go to my wife lands too. Finally I am not much shotting for a lot of things illnes family no time. I always think where are going to be with my so dears gun whem me  go so far from this world.
Why make things easy if you can make it difficult?