Spike Camp

vanguard 7mm rem mag scope

vanguard 7mm rem mag scope
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »
Hey guys, I just recently purchased a vanguard and I'm looking at scopes now, I want to get a few suggestions on them, I'm looking for something that I can use to hunt ( 100-300 yards) but that has compensating turrets for when I go to the range (600+ yards), I would preferably like something with smaller stiffer turrets, I'm putting a dnz 215 tactical mount on the rifle, thanks in advance.
mat

• View Profile
Re: vanguard 7mm rem mag scope
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:39 AM »
I  recently put a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 on my .340
It has most of the features your looking for, and the elevation turret is low and locks
Mike

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:07 AM »
I  recently put a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 on my .340
It has most of the features your looking for, and the elevation turret is low and locks

+1, I have a similar Leupold on my 340 Arroyo. The only complaint I have was the calibration on the CDS dials, but I may have supplied the wrong info?
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 05:15:50 AM »
Not sure what your budget is, but there are a lot of good options.  I saw where several retailers have the Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 on sale (it's been discontinued), and you could nab one for less than $400 delivered.  If it's anything like the 1-6 and 1-8 Strike Eagles I've had the opportunity to use, it will be gin clear and track well.  The reticle and turrets will offer you options for holdover or dialing at the range, as well.  Alternately, a Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x44 with the target turrets (around $650-700) will offer good service for the uses you've described.
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie