Spike Camp

How many of you carry every day and what?

How many of you carry every day and what?
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:30:13 PM »
When I put on my pants every day I put a pocket rocket in my back pocket and don't take it out until I go to bed.Yes I do have a CCL. Usually a KelTec 32 in a Desantis pocket holster and sometimes a Beretta 21A or a NAA 22 Mag mini revolver.Point and shoot guns that I practice with.The big boys are in the truck and house.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

Re: How many of you carry every day and what?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »
Kimber Micro 9 in a pocket or on my ankle.  Glock 23 when I can.
BPH

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »
I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm, and occasionally my Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer .45 ACP. I can’t carry at school. I am frequently asked what I would carry there if permitted.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »
For now I carry A glock 23. And like Jed im will soon have A kimber micro 9mm for summer carry.
Mark

musicman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
I may have told this story here before, but a number of years ago, my Son was conducting a financial seminar at a Synagogue in Houston.  This was right after some Muslims had shot up a synagogue in Europe I think.  Anyway, my Son carries.  So he arrives at the Synagogue, and he asked the gentleman in charge of the place, if it was permissible for him to carry inside.  The guy looked at him and said, "EVERYONE in this building carries.  You are very welcomed to carry in here as well, in fact, I ENCOURAGE you to do so."  I like that kind of attitude.  A number of months ago, when we had the local Deputy shot, and the hoodlum was loose on foot in town, the word got out rather quick; we are a small town.  Anyway, my Son's Church, Second Baptist had a thing going on that night, and one of my Sons and another fellow, were asked by the the leaders if they were carrying, and if so, to maintain a "perimeter" around the parking lot area, just in case the hoodlum might end up in that area, and try to jack a car from someone leaving the Church.  I like that kind of attitude as well.  MM

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:11:12 AM »
Walther PPKs .380 or a Ruger SP 101 in .327 Fed Mag.  Both equipped with Crimson Trace.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:25:10 AM »

During the warmer months when I'm wearing cargo shorts I carry a Sig 238/.380 in a sticky holster in my front pocket. In the winter when I usually wear Levis, I carry Glock 43. The big no-no here is what's called printing where someone can obviously see you are carrying concealed. We can carry a loaded gun in our vehicles so my Glock 45/9mm is often in my Jeep or Truck.

It's not that we have a lot of crime and a constant need to defend ourselves, it's the fact that we can defend ourselves so we don't have a lot of crime. 30 miles west of me is Reno which is mostly liberal now. They have a high crime rate, high homeless numbers, etc. Just goes to show you what can happen when the criminals aren't afraid of dying.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:03:30 PM by HighDesertHunter »
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
I carry every minute of every day including around home and at church. For years I carried a Glock 26 (9mm) and still do sometimes, but more often than not now it's my S&W 640 Pro (.38sp/.357mag) as it is so much more carry friendly because of its shape and slimness. In dress slacks and even jeans, it fits nicely and discretely in a pocket (DeSantis Nemesis holster) if I need a tucked-in shirt. I usually carry it in a leather belt holster though. It's like American Express: "Don't leave home without it." Heading out of the house, it's: wallet-phone-gun.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:39:55 AM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 02:28:26 PM »
True
Roger

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
S&W Model 64 2 inch barrel 38 Special.  I carry it in a Hunter IWB holster.  Loaded up with Winchester "Ranger" LE ammo, 130 grain bonded core HP +P.  I also carry an extra speed loader and a Bianchi speed strip.
Pennsylvania "Big Woods" Mountain Buck.

zonie

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »
I carry a Smith & Wesson 637  Airweight snub nose in 38 spec +p and either 2 Bianchi speed strips or 2 speed loaders depending upon if it's in my pocket or belly band holster.  I carry it everywhere even at home.  It's super light & super reliable ,  it's a belly gun no more no less.   Every now and then or out in the sticks  I will carry a Colt delta elite in 10mm auto or a Smith 59 double stack 9mm with extra mags,   I have been known  at times to carry a Colt trooper 4" in 357 mag,    the problem with these is they are heavy , don't hide real well,  and pretty much have to wear a pair of suspenders while carrying to hold up my pants or shorts, now I know why old guy's wear suspenders.  I do see quite a few guy's wearing these banana republic vests made for carry, and they seem to hide the weapon pretty well you still know dimes to donuts the guy is probably carrying, and that's not what I want.   Been looking seriously at a new Sig p-365  9mm  or Beretta px4 storm sub-compact either in 9mm or 40.  can't make up my mind yet,  I'm a grip person so if it doesn't feel right in my hand it will probably just sit there collecting dust. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:15:01 PM by zonie »

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
I've always wondered if it is legal to carry concealed a pistol that isn't registered to you?I don't think I own a pistol that is registered in my name.Actually I know I don't own a pistol that is registered in my name.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 06:29:28 PM »
I've always wondered if it is legal to carry concealed a pistol that isn't registered to you?I don't think I own a pistol that is registered in my name.Actually I know I don't own a pistol that is registered in my name.
Registered is a word that can mean different things to different people. What are you defining as registered?
I have several firearms that were given to me without anything about them being associated with my name.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 07:11:56 PM »
That is an interesting question Tom. I have never thought about it as all mine are in my name.I can't find anything so far that says they have to registered to you though.
Roger

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »

I think you'd have to talk to a LEO about this. I don't know and won't internet guess when it comes to something that might get you into trouble.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm