Spike Camp

The sign is up.

BB340

• View Profile
Re: The sign is up.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »
Glad you are here to keep us informed Brett. Weatherby should be paying you. Or are they? 8)

Haha yeah I wish they were! I wouldn't say no if they offered to pay me Weatherby rifles and merchandise lol
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »
Glad you are here to keep us informed Brett. Weatherby should be paying you. Or are they? 8)

Haha yeah I wish they were! I wouldn't say no if they offered to pay me Weatherby rifles and merchandise lol

You could head up and train their social media department on how to post on this site.
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 06:43:28 PM »

You could head up and train their social media department on how to post on this site.
I wish could get that job i guarantee the nation members would be the first to know.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
The amount of info posted on FB by Weatherby is huge.  I still do not understand why they keep us in the dark, and why Wby doesn't post on here.  It doesn't take much to post here, specially since this forum is owned by Weatherby.   >:(
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »
I just saw a post by Adam on Facebook that he is on an podcast episode of Muley Freak.

https://muleyfreak.com/2019/02/16/episode-074-expo-shorts-adam-weatherby-and-kevin-wilkerson/

Doug

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »
Ah we've been thru this not long ago. The Nation is old school now sorry to say... It is just so much quicker and easier to pop things up on Facebook, instagram etc. Yeah it's a shame because this was the original Weatherby Social Media site. But alas those days have gone. As I have said before, I much prefer this site than their Facebook one. I post much more on here than I do on facebook. And it takes much longer to get on here and then upload photos. But on here it is much more personal. I feel like I know you blokes, and the odd gal when they show up, and it just feels a lot warmer talking on here than Facebook. Yes Yes I know I'm a big softy at heart.... :-*  ;D

P.S. I didn't start this post to put Weatherby down for not showing things on here. I just knew some of you guys wouldn't have seen the sign so thought I'd share it.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
Thumbs up Brett, just a little grumbling here. Hopefully Adam remembers us first for the next big announcement.  I think the main problem now is JP is gone and we don't have a moderator we can look up too. Maybe they should ask Roger to take over and give him a Bat Phone to Adam, that's my suggestion anyways.
Doug

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 10:28:48 PM »
+1 from here. I've said this before, but many of us old school old farts spend far more on firearms and related items annually than most of the facebook kiddies do and could afford. Marketers are often too young to get it. The whole marketing dept. at my company are all under 35.
Come and take it.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 10:47:30 PM »
Thumbs up Brett, just a little grumbling here. Hopefully Adam remembers us first for the next big announcement.  I think the main problem now is JP is gone and we don't have a moderator we can look up too. Maybe they should ask Roger to take over and give him a Bat Phone to Adam, that's my suggestion anyways.

I think Roger would fit that bill just nicely  ;) ;D

It is very strange JP left without saying anything.... Or did I miss his post saying he is leaving?
Aussie gun nut.

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »
I just got back from a snow goose hunting trip which culminated at the NWTF national convention in Nashville. I stopped by the Weatherby booth at the convention center and asked a young gentleman working there when he thought Weatherby would be moved in to their new facility in Wyoming. He said they thought they would all be moved in within a couple weeks. So, hopefully the move goes well and Weatherby will all be settled into their new location soon.

I sure wish more businesses in California would do the same.

The problem is that they are moving and invading Nevada just like they did Oregon. They are driving the cost of living up and now we are a blue state for the first time in many years. Two counties/population centers are determining the political status of he entire state. These two counties are the only two counties in the state that are blue, the rest are all red and a very bright red I might add. Our problem is that these bright red counties combined do not have the population that has come from California because of companies moving out of California and bringing their bright blue employees with them. It sucks and we have no means to turn it around. Voting does not help, we need an electoral college so that we have equal voting power.

I don't want to hijack this thread, you raise a good point and I'm not sure over taxed and over regulated business owners leaving California is causing the "blue" problem in surrounding states. 

Our country is changing and there will come a point in time, every state is controlled by dense population centers because they will have the most voters. I would argue, many of those big population centers currently, tend to be "blue". Historically speaking, I would argue, we as a nation have become more liberal as time goes by. (my definition of liberal) The government has more regulation and control over our lives now than they did 100 years ago and it isn't going to change for the better. We need only look at the evolution of people in other countries who have been around longer than we have to see the writing on the wall. 

What I want to see happen in California is a total economic collapse brought on by their own stupidity. They need to be the shining fiscal example of what not to do. Sadly, they cannot be taught, nor can they see the problem with their legislative direction. The Federal government should provide no financial bailout and should force them to fiscally fix themselves by changing their policies. More so, than the "austerity measures" imposed in Greece.

I am truly sorry some people will be hurt in this process but the legislators in California have to learn you cannot tax your way to prosperity and you cannot raise a group of people up by bringing another group of people down. The "groups" I am referring to are the top 50% of wage earners in this country who pay 100% of the Federal tax bill while the bottom 50% pay nothing.       
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:22:10 AM by Stacy »

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »
I said it time and time again it's painfully obvious that Weatherby doesn't give a rat's a## about the members here or this site.  What I find absolutely hilarious is they post all the stuff on Facebook which is so anti-gun that they close pages down if they have even the slightest hint someone's trying to sell a gun or anything gun related.  The level of censorship over there is off the charts and yet Weatherby chooses to post over there.  To me that kind of rates up with hiring a pedophile to run a preschool.  They're moving from California to Wyoming because of the anti-gun climate of California yet they're posting stuff to the internet equivalent of California, Facebook, on a regular basis yet leave THEIR OWN SITE in the dark.  I can only imagine what Roy would say about that, I'd bet anything he'd make sure the info was put here also if not first.  It's not hard to post on both sites, hell they could copy and paste if they wanted to be lazy about it.  This burns my feathers to no end and to the point that I'm reconsidering my next rifle purchase, it WAS going to be another Weatherby but with all the broken promises to us over this site I think it's time to give some serious thought to going with one of their competitors. 
Nothing is better than a Weatherby, big bore magnum, or a Colt.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 08:08:44 AM »
I don't have facebook (because I despise it), so I have not seen this personally, but if 99.9% of Weatherby's attention is there (tactical business mistake), it's only a matter of time before this site comes down. People aged 50-65 have the most disposable income (not millennials). Even though most of us have enough rifles and shotguns to serve us for decades, we like to buy new ones, so it's in any company's best interest to maintain a good impression with their core customer base. This seems to be eroding in this case, especially given that Weatherby's most loyal, long-term customers are here. Facebook's credibility has also been eroding, particularly in the past year. Web hits there are not necessarily indicative of actual sales. I've been in advertising and marketing for decades, so I'm not talking out of my butt on this. I also never saw any goodbye from Jameson.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:17:00 AM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.

Stacy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »
I also do not have a Facebook account. I closed it a few years ago after attending a counter intelligence briefing...switched web browsers too. Anyway, lots of seniors I know use Facebook to keep in touch with their kids and grandkids. So, it may still be beneficial to Weatherby as one of its marketing platforms.

Regardless, I see this site as a "free" (funded by Weatherby) forum to communicate with other Weatherby owners and engage in some social internet fellowship. I have no expectations Adam Weatherby or his marketing department will post here with any regularity, nor do I expect them to do so. I've already seen more interaction from Weatherby on this website than I have from any other manufacturers of any other firearms on any other websites. That's good enough for me.

No offense or disrespect intended to anyone but I really think some folks are taking this too personally.       

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 09:14:43 AM »
I also do not have a Facebook account. I closed it a few years ago after attending a counter intelligence briefing...switched web browsers too. Anyway, lots of seniors I know use Facebook to keep in touch with their kids and grandkids. So, it may still be beneficial to Weatherby as one of its marketing platforms.

Regardless, I see this site as a "free" (funded by Weatherby) forum to communicate with other Weatherby owners and engage in some social internet fellowship. I have no expectations Adam Weatherby or his marketing department will post here with any regularity, nor do I expect them to do so. I've already seen more interaction from Weatherby on this website than I have from any other manufacturers of any other firearms on any other websites. That's good enough for me.

No offense or disrespect intended to anyone but I really think some folks are taking this too personally.       

+1, I agree with you a 100%!!!
Doug

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 09:24:28 AM »

Social Media, Facebook, Twitter, et al. are where Weatherby needs to be to establish brand recognition with potential new customers. The problem I encounter with those sites is it's propensity for unsolicited comments from basement dwellers. On the "Nation", we are a relatively small group of individuals with a much broader range of actual product experience. In essence we are or at least could be a reliable extended R&D sight for Weatherby. I have yet to see anyone coming here for help and not getting good solid advice which is rare in any venue.

So while I understand why other forms of Social Media are currently more attractive, this forum is also rich with viable information regarding the Weatherby products. I'm hoping that when the dust settles from the move and they begin to pull their marketing team together, the R&D team will get someone to moderate this site.
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm