Spike Camp

Pictures of your Kills/Catches

Pictures of your Kills/Catches
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »

Several years ago I developed a problem or should I say Karma developed a problem for me. When ever I would catch a trophy fish or kill a trophy buck I would have someone take a picture of me with my trophy and then send them to the taxidermist to be mounted.

Out of nowhere, I started noticing that if I bragged on my hunting/fishing prowess with pictures or mounts, I could not catch a fish or even see a buck for the next two trips out. Why two, I do not know but it happened often enough to make it true in my mind. After trying and trying to figure it out, the only thing in common was the bragging so I stopped just to see if anything would change and it did! I know this really sounds weird but it seems to be true.

I catch hell from my buddies. They all scream, no pictures, it didn't happen and I feel embarrassed trying to explain something that should not happen. So, if I go on a hunt, don't expect pictures of my kills until well after the season is over and I've had a chance to shake the bad JuJu off.

Yeah, it sounds crazy I know.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:48:55 AM by HighDesertHunter »
Mark V Deluxe .257,6.5-300,300
Mark V Tactical 338 Lapua, .308
Tikka T3x Light 22-250
Ber B-14 HMR 6.5 CM
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Win 94 30-30
AR-15 Match 5.56
AR-15 Match Wylde .223
AR-10 Match .308
WASR-10/63 AK47 7.62x57
Russian SKS 7.62x57
Turkish Mauser 8mm
UZI Mini Pistol 9mm
Barrett M82A1 50BMG

Re: Pictures of you Kills/Catches
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:01 AM »
I'm sure everyone has a good luck, bad luck karma issue. Mine is if I share the meat from my success, I continue to have success. The times I did not share it would take at least 4 trips to have any success again. I gladly share.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
There are two things I always carry with me besides the obvious.  It is a green bandana I wear around my neck, I've had it for over 19 years, and a coin of a 10 pt buck that was given to me by an Army 2 star general who hunts with us in SD. :)  If I don't have those things, it seems like I never have good luck.  I also don't shave until I kill the first deer.  ;D ;D
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:23:24 AM »
There are two things I always carry with me besides the obvious.  It is a green bandana I wear around my neck, I've had it for over 19 years, and a coin of a 10 pt buck that was given to me by an Army 2 star general who hunts with us in SD. :)  If I don't have those things, it seems like I never have good luck.  I also don't shave until I kill the first deer.  ;D ;D

And you don't interrupt a Buck in Rut. ;)
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 02:17:28 PM »

And you don't interrupt a Buck in Rut. ;)

Nope, I let him have his last hurrah.....LMAO!!!!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

BB340

• View Profile
Re: Pictures of your Kills/Catches
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 03:24:05 PM »
Hey if that is what you think works for you then who is anyone to judge?? If it is working for you then I say keep doing what you are doing.
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 06:01:33 PM »
Some would have some looong beards Oscar. Lol
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 07:28:38 PM »
Roger, my wife hates it when I have facial hair.  One day this last season, she told me to shoot the first deer that came out to the feeder.  She went on to say "I don't care how small or big it is, just shoot one"  LMAO!!!!!!

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »
So funny
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.