Spike Camp

Stainless 300 weatherby magnum

Stainless 300 weatherby magnum
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:33:57 AM »
Hoping for some good advice.

I am looking for an all stainless (barrel, receiver, action) 300 Weatherby Magnum. From what I can tell, Weatherby does offer a vanguard in all stainless model, but I might be a little snobby and want the better Mark V offering.  I heard Weatherby used to make Mark V stainless synthetic, but no longer.

What is the best way forward? Do I buy a vanguard and try upgrading it-- if so what is the way to go? Or do I try to find a used Mark V stainless. Can I buy a Mark V with a stainless barrel and change just the action, bolt, receiver to stainless? Not worried about price as long as it stays under $2500 ish. I'm in no hurry and can save a little longer if need be.

Possibly rechambering a different brand of rifle (Remington maybe?) But I'd rather stick to a Weatherby for obvious reasons!

Thanks!

mikea

Re: Stainless 300 weatherby magnum
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:47:12 AM »
I would just buy the stainless in mark V. You can find them used all the time. especially under your price range. IMO.

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Stainless 300 weatherby magnum
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:58:17 AM »
Hoping for some good advice.

I am looking for an all stainless (barrel, receiver, action) 300 Weatherby Magnum. From what I can tell, Weatherby does offer a vanguard in all stainless model, but I might be a little snobby and want the better Mark V offering.  I heard Weatherby used to make Mark V stainless synthetic, but no longer.

What is the best way forward? Do I buy a vanguard and try upgrading it-- if so what is the way to go? Or do I try to find a used Mark V stainless. Can I buy a Mark V with a stainless barrel and change just the action, bolt, receiver to stainless? Not worried about price as long as it stays under $2500 ish. I'm in no hurry and can save a little longer if need be.

Possibly rechambering a different brand of rifle (Remington maybe?) But I'd rather stick to a Weatherby for obvious reasons!

Thanks!

I have sent you a PM and Email
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.