Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Synthetic

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Synthetic
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:24:49 AM »
Superior performance and uncompromised quality come together in an affordable package that puts a Weatherby Mark V® within reach of virtually any hunter. A hard-working, no-nonsense rifle that more than lives up to the Weatherby name.

Chris

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V Synthetic
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
I'd really like to buy this for my dad, he'd love it.
Chris Cooper

pegw

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »
What a great idea!

dubyam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »
I have a Mark V synthetic in 270Wby, and I can truly say it is the best shooting rifle out of the five I own so far.  I took it to the range to break it in, and get the scope set up properly, and with my 'break-in' handloads (150gr Speer Sptizer over 82gr Accurate8700) I was able to shoot a three shot group that measured .249" center-to-center.  I have some rifles that will shoot under 1" pretty consistently, but nothing that compares to this.  I will definitely be getting more Weatherbys!
I believe this is a practical world, and in it I can count only on what I can earn.  Therefore I believe in work, hard work. - The Auburn Creed
The older I get, the less stock I place in what men say, and the more I place in what men do. - Andrew Carnegie

Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:16:37 PM »
Any chance of including the .378 Weatherby mag in this line?  This is one of those calibers I would love to own and offering it in this more economical package could make that happen.  I don't really NEED it, but it sure would be fun to have around for the right price.  It is sold in other #3 barrel contour offerings and even variations of the original parent case (.30-378 and .338-378) so it seems like it would be an easy thing to do.

The other option is just suck it up and go with the 375 H&H, but is just isn't the same.

Never hurts to ask...

Brian Kirkpatrick
Use enough gun.

Ken

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 07:31:48 AM »
Brian, I bought a new MK V Synthetic in 375 H&H and had it rechambered to 378 Wby! Weatherby parts dept. sold me a mag box for a 30-378 so all we had to do was rechamber and open up the bolt face! Shot excellent!!

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:15:39 AM »
 Does this rifle come in stainless steel?
 I currently have a Remington 700 stainless synthetic. It is a 300 weatherby mag. I can honestly say that I am not 100% happy with the gun. I love that is maintenance free and it is very accurate. But the action has a terrible feel.You have to watch you don't beat your knuckles on the scope everytime you cycle a round.It is also very slopy. The thing that annoys me the most is the hollowness of the stock at the forend. It is very noisey when you have the rifle sling attached.
 I would like to get a Mark V in stainless synthetic and dump the Remington.But I can't find one on their website or in the new catalog. Every Synthetic Mark V pictured looks to be blue steel. Do they still make at Stainless Mark V ?

Ken

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »
Dodgecharger,

I had a MK V Stainless a couple of years ago in the wonderful 340 Wby Mag.  I loved that rifle dearly, but had to sell it due to financial reasons.  Weatherby is no longer making the MK V in stainless.  I truly wish they would start again! Can you imagine a better rifle for Alaska than one of these in 375H&H, 375 Wby, or 378 Wby?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
I own a Mark V Stainless/Synthetic chambered in the .340 magnum, and just love it. I can't imagine why they quit making it. It is the perfect elk rifle.
We cannot improve our government by electing people that hate our government...

Ken

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
You are right! It is the perfect elk rifle. For that matter - it is the perfect anything rifle for North America!

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 02:33:01 AM »
The stainless is dearly missed. If I had the money a few years back I would have bought one. If they bring them back then the 375Wby is my dream come true for a do anything gun. I would like to see the 378 in the blued synthetic also as many would like to experience this gun but can't afford the deluxe, scope rings bases etc all at once. Even better a 460 synthetic with open sights. It would take the bite out of big bore shooting a bit. Now i'm really dreaming...

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 05:33:01 AM »
Add my vote to the Stainless Synthetic and the Fibermark Stainless as the two most dearly missed versions, in my opinion.   :'(
I did find a mint Stainless Mark V in a .300 Wby that I may buy and possibly have Weatherby re-barrel it to the .340 Wby.  ::)
Jerry

************************************************************************************************************************************
All Weatherby, All the Time

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »
just woundering it the mark v synthetic 308 a push down magizine

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »
the 30-378 is about to become a custom rifle. Jim Clark is adding a wooden stcok (deluxe ) and the gun is being reblued. It will be a gorgeous rifle in contarts to most other 30-378s. It in conjunction with my 50 year old 26 inch 240 also a deluxe will put me in good shape for future shooting and for a great rifle legacy for my 2 sons.

bob chronister
bob chronister

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
well the rifle started out as a synthetic 30-378 but soon will be fitted with a wooden stock, second stud, and given the Classic Weatherby high gloss blueing. So it no longer will be a synthetic but a custom but that is not an available option. So what do I call the rifle?
bob chronister