Spike Camp

Talley Lightweight vs DNZ Hunt Masters

Talley Lightweight vs DNZ Hunt Masters
« on: August 06, 2019, 08:37:34 AM »
I have a German Mark V 300 Weatherby that I'm getting ready to put a new scope on. I think I have the scope narrowed down to the Leupold vx3i 3.5-15 or the Maven 2-10, both 1" tubes. I think I've also narrowed down mounting the scope with either Talley Lightweight or DNZ Hunt Masters rings.  Couple questions...DNZ doesn't list rings specifically for this rifle and when I called they recommended me to take some measurements (maybe this says something about how much they know about Weatherby). However the rifle is at the gunsmith getting a brake and cerakote so I can't for awhile. Has anyone used those DNZ rings on a German Mark V?
Also, I think I can get away with low height for either scope. But Talley lists extended rings and I'm not sure if I'll need that option with either of those scopes. DNZ doesn't list that as and option so if those scopes need it I suppose that would rule them out. I sure like the contour and construction of those DNZ rings so I hope they're an option. Does anyone have other suggestions for mounts built the same way as these two?
Thanks!