Spike Camp

Stag and Markhor Goat

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
Stag and Markhor Goat
« on: January 25, 2020, 05:51:32 AM »
Wife finally got her dream trophy - 40" markhor shot in the west texas area on a large game ranch. Shot with 6.5 Creedmoor he soaked up 2 well placed 130 grain scirocco's. You can tell by the smile she's pretty tickled. He will be displayed soon as a life-size mount in our home.

I went searching for late season fallow to wrap up my collection of shooting each of the three colors and of all the giants we saw they were pretty broken up this late in the season. This guy on the other hand wasn't - always wanted just a big typical stag. We are doing a double pedestal mount of this one and the one the wife shot together;

Donnie

• View Profile
Re: Stag and Markhor Goat
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 06:06:43 AM »
Congrats to both of you!!
Both are very nice trophies!!

Did you use the Creedmore on the Stag also?
Mike

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
That is one fantastic looking Markhor! One of those is my dream animal. I would like to hunt one in Pakistan but that will never happen. Hopefully one day I may get to travel to Texas for one.
Tell your wife congrats from me and that I am so jealous of her.  ;D :)
Aussie gun nut.

txaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 04:54:51 AM »
Ya I hear you shooting one in the native country would be amazing, and unbelievably expensive! ;)

I shot the stag with a ruger no 1 chambered in 7mm - 160 grain accubonds

txaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 05:08:21 AM »
BB you need to hookup with my guys from Junction Texas - They travel and swap hunts and frequent Australia themselves. They actually are headed to Africa in june/july they wanted me to tag along. That's the right time to go but with six kiddo's and only half out the nest summers are pretty busy around here. Maybe someday - I would love to hunt other countries especially plains game in Africa.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 08:14:14 AM »
BB you need to hookup with my guys from Junction Texas - They travel and swap hunts and frequent Australia themselves. They actually are headed to Africa in june/july they wanted me to tag along. That's the right time to go but with six kiddo's and only half out the nest summers are pretty busy around here. Maybe someday - I would love to hunt other countries especially plains game in Africa.

It would unfortunately been several years at least before I get to even think about going after a Markhor. Even though it is my dream animal. Was it a guided outfitter you went with? Do they have a website? I can't wait to see the life size mount when it is done. Man I am jelous!
Yes you need to hunt Africa. It is a hunters paradise. I am about to book another trip for my wife and I soon. It will be for hyena, zebra and a few other critters for her. Me, I am not sure yet. Going to talk to my agent in a few weeks to discuss what I can afford haha. Hoping for elephant bout doubt it. Thinking I will get some plains game too. Eland, zebra and anything else I think of between now and then.
Aussie gun nut.