Spike Camp

Help identifying this Mark V

Re: Help identifying this Mark V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 08:45:34 PM »
Rob, you're right. Compared to other countries we are lucky. Lucky that our founding fathers were good intelligent men who understood the underlying meaning of freedom. Our constitution and our laws help to preserve and define our rights. Fighting for the 2nd amendment is something we have been doing for a long time and will continue to do. I agree with you, sometimes we take things for granted because we were kinda born into the system. Back in the 50's and 60's our police department could sell confiscated guns to the public at auctions. Not anymore. Now days if stolen firearms cannot be identified (if it had been reported stolen) and returned to its rightful owner, those firearms are destroyed just like in Canada. As you say it's a shame that nobody cares about the value of the firearms when they reach the point for destruction. Everyone has a job to do. You're right, we do bitch and moan quite a bit ;D, but its because we're afraid to lose any rights that were granted to us by law. We are lucky and need to be aware that luck sometimes runs out, and we could become like other restricted countries. You make a very excellent point, and reminds us all that actual voting may determine our fate.

I was poking at you guys abit, about the bitching and moaning  ::) ::) but you guys are lucky to have what you have, and I hope you keep fighting to keep it, because once it's gone it will be gone forever.

Rob

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 04:47:10 PM »
Rob, you're right. Compared to other countries we are lucky. Lucky that our founding fathers were good intelligent men who understood the underlying meaning of freedom. Our constitution and our laws help to preserve and define our rights. Fighting for the 2nd amendment is something we have been doing for a long time and will continue to do. I agree with you, sometimes we take things for granted because we were kinda born into the system. Back in the 50's and 60's our police department could sell confiscated guns to the public at auctions. Not anymore. Now days if stolen firearms cannot be identified (if it had been reported stolen) and returned to its rightful owner, those firearms are destroyed just like in Canada. As you say it's a shame that nobody cares about the value of the firearms when they reach the point for destruction. Everyone has a job to do. You're right, we do bitch and moan quite a bit ;D, but its because we're afraid to lose any rights that were granted to us by law. We are lucky and need to be aware that luck sometimes runs out, and we could become like other restricted countries. You make a very excellent point, and reminds us all that actual voting may determine our fate.

I was poking at you guys abit, about the bitching and moaning  ::) ::) but you guys are lucky to have what you have, and I hope you keep fighting to keep it, because once it's gone it will be gone forever.

Rob

You are correct and the Democrats have been using a tool they understand very well for decades. It's called 'incrementalism'. Slowly eroding our rights a bit at a time. Sadly, we the American people, have become so accustomed to our burden of working to support and ever growing state, that we don't get involved enough to see what is really going on.

Once the 2A is gone and firearms are confiscated, then it will be very easy for the globalist elites to tear up the entire Bill of Rights and we all go back to being 'subjects' rather than 'citizens'.
Jerry - NRA Life Member
SASS Member
BPCR - .40-65, .45-110
MTARNG 63N - Track Vehicle Mechanic
Army 19E - M48/M60 Gunner & Commander
Army 19K - M1 Abrams Gunner & Commander

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 05:45:11 PM »
The rifle may have been stollen at some point in its existence and most likely paper work would not have been an issue for the thief. Was it confiscated in transport at the border or in a raid on a residence or gun store? If you're interested in salvaging this rifle, you might try talking to or writing to the commandant of your unit (or superior officer) and let them know that this particular rifle may have historical value in the US and should at the least be held for a research analysis. (if possible) Not that your government or law enforcement unit would care, but contraband items that are confiscated and taken off the black market and possibly have historical value should be identified and brought to a higher authorities attention. Again, it may have been stolen in the US and black-marketed to who knows where before it got to Brazil. If theres time, try to contact US authorities or a Weatherby collector(I know its a long shot) in the US to see what you can find out. It would be disgraceful and unprofessional not to try and save this firearm from being destroyed just because procedures called for it. Really hope that something can be done to safeguard this rifle from being demolished. Keep us informed. Good luck

After some talking around and showing what info I gathered, my commandant allowed this rifle to remain in the armory for the time being. Still not sure if it's gonna be added as a museum piece or something.

I've sent Weatherby an email, but they are yet to respond.