Spike Camp

Leftover Terramark

Leftover Terramark
« on: March 20, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »
Looking to buy a rifle for casual target shooting. Always lusted after Weatherby rifles but have stuck to handguns in the past. Cabelas just received a boatload of leftover and discontinued rifles. I was originally going to buy a Vanguard Camilla 6.5 Creedmoor as it would be a good fit for the wife. Last night they added a few more to the gun library, all but 2 are magnums. They have two in 6.5 Creedmoor that I am seriously considering, a Terramark and an Outfitter FDE.

Both are priced at huge discounts, from 1,300 to 1,500 under msrp. Any downside to either of these guns? Apart from using LXX triggers and carbon fiber stocks I cannot see any differences between them and current models. Thanks in advance.

Blackbear3

• In God We Trust!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Leftover Terramark
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 03:56:10 PM »
Go for it, one for you and a Camilla for your wife!!! I picked up a Terramark in 6.5-300 for $1,399 last fall but have yet to shoot it, in some ways I prefer the old models over the new. Welcome to the Nation, if you buy one take a picture and let us know how it shoots.
We stand for the Flag, and we kneel for the fallen!!!

Doug-NRA Life Member

Re: Leftover Terramark
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:43:40 PM »
My wife really liked the Terramark, from reading the WBY web site it seems that the front stock and pistol grip are a bit slimmer than most other models. Are there any other Mark V or Vanguard models, apart from the Camilla, that are slimmed down?