Spike Camp

Sorry WalMart.

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Sorry WalMart.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »
Well the 1st thing you can do,if you hate using Made In China products is throw your cell phone in the trash.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
And probably your computer!

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 01:32:25 PM »
I shop at wal-mart for groceries because i am on a very limited budget. Another reason i dont go to burger king is the food is so nasty now days. Last time i did eat at buger king is the buger was so nasty i would not even feed the rest (only one bite taken)to my dog.
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
Burger King and McDonald's are not actual food. I'd go hungry before I'd put that garbage in my stomach. You can eat real food for about the same money if you're willing to cook. Those "burgers" are probably from China too. It's become impossible to live these days without buying at least some stuff made in that s-hole.
Come and take it.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
I do like the sausage biscuit with cheese from mcdonalds but that is it. I have never liked mcdonalds burgers but i used to love burger king untill about 20 years ago. Burger king changed their fries and i think the meat as well. Burger king is just garbage and not fit for any consumption man or beast. Sorry for my rant.  :(
Derrill

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »
And your shoes, jeans, socks, tools, silverware, plates, bowls, electric devices, car parts it’s a mess we have relied on them for way too long and it has become staple to import their goods. I’m all for banning all trade with them.
I know what I know if you know what I mean

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »
Not to jump on the anti Burger King movement but I am convinced I got food poisoning at a Burger King in Craig Co about 25 years ago.  About 20 minutes after leaving I started to burp up the nastiest tasting rumbles from my stomach and I had the old green apple quick step for three days afterward.

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 02:25:49 PM »
Sorry i should not bash burger king as i know a lot of people still love them.
Derrill

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 02:28:14 PM »
Sorry i should not bash burger king as i know a lot of people still love them.

Last one I had was about 25 years ago.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 02:48:46 PM »
And your shoes, jeans, socks, tools, silverware, plates, bowls, electric devices, car parts it’s a mess we have relied on them for way too long and it has become staple to import their goods. I’m all for banning all trade with them.

And they don't buy jack from us! They steal the technology from us!

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:37 PM »
Sorry Dino82520 i did not mean to hijack your thread.
Derrill

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
Sorry Dino82520 i did not mean to hijack your thread.

I didn't notice that you did.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »
I'm not trying to defend China in any way, they're a bunch of dirtbag liars but, China is not to blame for all our stuff being made there. Our own U.S. companies are to blame for moving their businesses over there. They weren't forced by China to move there, they did it on their own. They liked the idea of paying the workers $2 an hour with no benefits as opposed to U.S. workers demanding (Unions) 20 to 30 times that with fully paid benefits. Add to that our government regulations, business taxes, EPA rules and permits for everything. When we really look into it, we can only blame ourselves.

+3 It's kinda unfair to signal out companies like Walmart, Target, Costco etc. because, it was big business that set the trend years ago. Before the China trade war (which was also gonna cause WWIII) most Americans were happy to buy comparable quality products? from the above companies mentioned. The trade war got everybody to thinking from a very different point of view, and  was a "wake up call for America" by President Trump. Now with this Covid-19 virus I would say there is an even higher level of hatred for China, and it has become a real game changer in the minds of most Americans. Walmart, Target, and Costco are all discount stores that thrive because China is the biggest and cheapest merchandise distributor in the world. The push to bring America's businesses home and make and buy American, can become a reality, if President Trump stays in office. Healthy trade between nations is a necessity. When we make "America First", we will cut off China's biggest customer, us.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:32:13 AM by danno50 »
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 09:03:28 AM »
the majority of people will still buy china made stuff even when this is all over, because it will always be cheaper. Everyone can all talk tough now, but when it come to spending their money, they will still buy china made goods.  I'm the same way, for example, I only buy china made tires for most of my light trucks, and all my heavy trucks, wheeled construction and farm equipment. For the the applications I use them in, I get just as good life span for lower cost. Same with undercarriage on my tracked equipment, I don't the higher price American made, it don't last any longer. 

I also find it interesting, that how Trump was yapping on how tough he was on 3M and then reading this morning that the deal that 3M and the white house made, includes importing 166+ million N95 masks from 3M's china plant.  ::) ::)

Rob

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 09:18:39 AM »
Some years ago, when you walked into Home Depot, you had the choice of buying the 12 dollar American hammer or the 4.99 Chinese one. Now you can only buy a Chinese one. I'd gladly pay more for an American-made one if it was actually available. At least a lot of ammo and firearms are still made in the US. Hopefully that will not change and probably won't.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:22:48 AM by texweatherby »
Come and take it.