Spike Camp

Barnes ttsx ?

Barnes ttsx ?
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:22:45 AM »
I've been playing aroung with these bullets in my 25-06 vanguard. They're very accurate , but my question is how do they perform on game ? I've been using the 110gr accubond and they kill deer like lightning. But I like trying different bullets and wanted some opions before I hunt with them.

224KING

• View Profile
Re: Barnes ttsx ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »
You are going to have to teach yourself to place your shot in a different place for sure if you want them to kill like the ammo you were using before.You will want to either enter a shoulder or exit a shoulder.If you do this then you will like them better than what you were using.If not you won't like them.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:40:12 AM »
I've been playing aroung with these bullets in my 25-06 vanguard. They're very accurate , but my question is how do they perform on game ? I've been using the 110gr accubond and they kill deer like lightning. But I like trying different bullets and wanted some opions before I hunt with them.

I've killed one deer and two antelope using the 80 GR TTSX out of my .250 AI.  Complete penetration with no bullets recovered.In the last 14 years of so I have killed 5 elk with the 150 TTSX out of my .300 'Bee.

I'm getting right at 3300 fps with the .250, your 25-06 should be able to move them 200 to 300 FPS faster.

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:41:15 AM »
I am a Barnes fan. What 224King said is dead right. I use Barnes when I am trophy hunting and always aim to break the front shoulder area. This causes a lot of meat damage but that is not a worry to me when trophy hunting. If you don't hit bone those pills will zip through with very little expansion. UNLESS you use a light for caliber SX/TTSX for that caliber.
But if you want to be able to push a projectile into an animals vitals from almost any angle then the TSX is great for that.
If I was meat hunting I would use a softer normal SP type projectile. 
Aussie gun nut.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:46:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies