Spike Camp

Draw Results

Re: Draw Results
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2020, 01:37:07 PM »
My son and I both drew CO. 2nd rifle cow elk tags in GMU 76 by Creede. No luck on a moose tag in 76, but my buddy drew a Bull Moose tag in 37 and an archery deer tag in 103. He is planning to use his bow and switch to his rifle latter for moose. Hope everyone else having luck with their draws too.

I've been putting in for draws almost every one of the 20 years we've lived in Colorado, antelope, deer, elk and bear. Only successful draw I've ever got was antelope, 5 so far.
Jerry - NRA Life Member
SASS Member
BPCR - .40-65, .45-110
MTARNG 63N - Track Vehicle Mechanic
Army 19E - M48/M60 Gunner & Commander
Army 19K - M1 Abrams Gunner & Commander

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2020, 03:01:34 PM »
My son and I both drew CO. 2nd rifle cow elk tags in GMU 76 by Creede. No luck on a moose tag in 76, but my buddy drew a Bull Moose tag in 37 and an archery deer tag in 103. He is planning to use his bow and switch to his rifle latter for moose. Hope everyone else having luck with their draws too.

I've been putting in for draws almost every one of the 20 years we've lived in Colorado, antelope, deer, elk and bear. Only successful draw I've ever got was antelope, 5 so far.
Your luck is like mine. Draw none or all, making the tough choices!  Never give up!  :)

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2020, 03:17:01 PM »
As of August 11, Alaska requires a  negative test and results within 3 days of departure. Not sure we can get results back that fast. I am seeing 3-7 days once the lab has the test samples

My wife went to a baby shower and a lady that was there got sick the next day and was tested positive for the virus.My wife went for the test at 9:40am one morning and they called her the next morning at 9:00 and said her test was negative.Never got any paperwork out of anyone,but I guess you could if you wanted it.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
As of August 11, Alaska requires a  negative test and results within 3 days of departure. Not sure we can get results back that fast. I am seeing 3-7 days once the lab has the test samples

Yes if you can prove you have been exposed or have the symptoms 1 day turn around. General public, 3-7 days

My wife went to a baby shower and a lady that was there got sick the next day and was tested positive for the virus.My wife went for the test at 9:40am one morning and they called her the next morning at 9:00 and said her test was negative.Never got any paperwork out of anyone,but I guess you could if you wanted it.
Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »
You can't win this year Mike!! I guess I would reschedule to 2021 the way things are going, hope they will refund your license fees.

I hate to say it but l am starting to agree with you, checking on license refunds. Looks like we can get it.
Not ready to give up yet though
Mike

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »
 that's bad luck there Mike, hopefully you can figure out a way to salvage the hunt and get there somehow this year

Rob

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2020, 06:29:05 AM »
You can't win this year Mike!! I guess I would reschedule to 2021 the way things are going, hope they will refund your license fees.

I hate to say it but l am starting to agree with you, checking on license refunds. Looks like we can get it.

I wouldn't give up either Mike, hopefully you can work it out. I'd drive all the way to Alaska if the Canadian border wasn't shut down. 
I'm slightly worried about the Wuhan Flu causing more problems this fall and having Colorado shut down the hunting seasons. Only time will tell!!
Doug

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2020, 07:49:44 AM »

I wouldn't give up either Mike, hopefully you can work it out. I'd drive all the way to Alaska if the Canadian border wasn't shut down. 

\
I'm slightly worried about the Wuhan Flu causing more problems this fall and having Colorado shut down the hunting seasons. Only time will tell!!

I would check as they have been letting people through the border to drive to Alaska. Just don't take a side trip for sight seeing.
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
What l am reading you have to have a negative test result within 3 days. After 8-11-20. Also no non-resident testing in Alaska on arrival after 8-11-20
People were using the mail-in testing with FedEx, filling out the form and checking some of the symptoms so they would get the results right away. Alaska has closed that loophole
Mike

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »
Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2020, 06:12:52 AM »
Rescheduling the hunt to 2021.

Alaska, only a negative result on a test taken within 72 hours of arrival accepted. Without it, there will be no quarantine, either refused entry, or detained. Anchorage went back to lockdown, no unnecessary travel, shops closed.

Travel through Canada, returning Alaska residents from the lower 48, or work related, only!!

All in all talked it over with my hunting partner and decided it was time to just reschedule.
Changed what we are putting in for in the leftover draw today in Colorado. Hopefully pick up a couple tags there.
Mike

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2020, 06:23:32 AM »
Good luck to you on finding replacement hunts here in the states Mike
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2020, 06:34:33 AM »
Good luck to you on finding replacement hunts here in the states Mike

Thanks Tom
Who knows maybe l will end up in Texas hunting
Mike

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »
That sucks Mike but hopefully you get a local tag.
a 1/2" group is good enough for the girls I go with!