Spike Camp

Firearms Shortage

Firearms Shortage
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:05 PM »
I guess it goes with out saying that handguns are flying off the shelves.  But really didn't know how bad untill I tried to track one down for my son.
First being a Navy man he wanted the Sig Sauer P226 with the anchor know less. After some serching that wouldnt end up on A bidding war. He desided A Glock 19 would work. First call was to williams gun sight. They had 4 of them. He couldn't get there before they closed so called first thing this morning.  All gone and put his name in A list. When I called to verify I talked to A guy I know. He said they are 600 used guns down from there normal inventory.  And they were closed most of the time. Because gun shops in MI were non essential.  They must have been selling just fine on line.
I thought with unemployment so high. People would be having to pawn some guns. I guess the stimulus and 4 months of extra unemployment benefits.  Really helped. I guess it's A good time to sell if you have something hogging up room in the safe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:46:05 PM by grizzly340 »
Mark

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
Re: Firearms Shortage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »
Yuppers, they are flying off the shelves! Gun shops here have never closed and the store is void of guns and most ammo. Guess the riots have prompted a lot of it!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:35:01 PM »
I've seen the recent articles of the record background check figures the past few months. There was also an article indicating that the NRA was getting many new members from the ranks of urban residents and millenials many of whom are first time owners. 
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 12:37:45 PM »
Wait and see if Biden gets elected and you think there is a shortage now !   

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 01:06:24 PM »
My local gun store is making a killing on concealed carry classes for first time gun buyers. They are holding the classes in the empty parking lot  with some huge fans running.  ;D  Heat index is 106 today.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 02:10:44 PM »
Williams called my Son. And his glock 19 came in on Friday. That didn't take long.  We will go and pick it up tomorrow. But I warned him. We will have to wait in line to get in. Normally I just go during the week at mid morning or mid afternoon.  No waiting then. But he doesn't have that luxury.  And I want to go with him to help pick out all the other goodies he will need.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »
Glock 19 is a good choice! I have the 33 round mag for mine.  I'm not exactly a fan of 9mm, but the ammo choices are getting way better. They are cheap to shoot for practice and damn near fail proof.  :)

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »
Several people have asked me to try and find certain AR-15 style rifles but not at Gunbroker prices. Sold Out is all Im finding.
In May the FBI background checks were for the sale of over 1.79 million firearms a record for one month.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.