Spike Camp

Leupold warranty

PARA45

• View Profile
Leupold warranty
« on: June 23, 2020, 04:40:40 PM »
I had a pair of Leupold Olympic 10x50 that my wife bought me for Father's Day about 16 years ago.  Unfortunately the eye piece on one of the lenses broke and the strap ring broke.  I also had a 8x42 pair of Acadia that broke at the shaft.  I sent them both to Leupold under their warranty, and I'm getting two brand new pairs.  A BX-4 10x50 HD to replace the Olympic and a BX-2 Alpine to replace the Acadia.  I knew both were not able to be repair, and I was sad to see the Olympic go since it was the first gift I received from my wife.   :'(  Luepold is sending replacements with no questions asked, on how they broke.  All I can say is that they do stand behind their product, and with all this COVID stuff going around, the turn around time has been under 4 weeks.  The Alpine will take a little longer since they do not have any in inventory at this time.  This is an outstanding warranty, and they do stand behind their products like their advertisement shows.  I would definitely continue to buy Leupold products, and share this with anyone who wants to listen. :)   I hope this helps those who are on the fence about buying their products.   I'd say buy with confidence. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:45:10 PM by PARA45 »

Re: Leupold warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »
I agree its a great company to deal with. I had one of their first range finders and when the button to activate it quit working they sent me the new model-no questions asked.
Doug

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »
Thanks for the report! One thing to read something like that on some random website review section, another to hear it from someone you trust!
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM »
Thank you for sharing this experience.

The Leupold warranty is superb and even from here in South Africa. That is why I don't hesitate to buy second hand Leupolds as the lifetime warranty is essentially a forever warranty.

I was hunting with my 375 H&H and somehow rubbing against me the cap for the illumination adjustment switch / battery housing unscrewed itself and was lost. I got in touch with Leupold as I could not source just the part here. They mailed me one free of charge and even included the battery!

For general hunting they are my favourite scope brand.

I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 04:34:17 AM »
The only gripe I have is about gloss.Bring back the gloss
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 07:45:35 AM »
You will not be disappointed with the BX4 hd. I picked up a pair a few months ago and they are amazing! they pick through brush better than anything else I have used under $1500.
a 1/2" group is good enough for the girls I go with!

zonie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
Great warranties are king

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 11:06:20 AM »
Great warranties are king
  I believe that is the shortest post you ever made in all these years, Zonie!  LOL!

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »
The only gripe I have is about gloss.Bring back the gloss

HELL YES!!! And their 24 carat gold emblem and ring. That combo looks fantastic on deluxe type Weatherbys.
You can still get a gloss through their custom shop but no gold anymore   :'(  :'(
Aussie gun nut.

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 07:23:57 AM »
Thanks DW, I truly appreciate that.  I should have the BX-4 delivered today, I'll post some pictures and what I think of them.  It's a good feeling to have a company back up their equipment like Leupold does.   

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »
Received the BX-4 Leupold binoculars today.  They are bright, clear and much lighter than the Olympics.  I guess 16+ years of technology shows, these are a bit shorter and much lighter than the Olympics.  The true test will be when I try them in field conditions during dawn/dusk hunts.   I am happy with the new set, but sad that I no longer have the one my wife gave me.