Spike Camp

Minnesota

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Minnesota
« on: June 26, 2020, 02:58:11 PM »
So the city council has voted to abolish the police!  I expect my part time neighbors to relocate here. They were shopping for a AR-15 with my advice and haven't received shipping info after 2 week wait. I wonder if "They"  are restricting shipping in the Minneapolis area?

Re: Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »
I live about 15 miles from Mpls and from what I hear the other police departments will refuse to help them, supposedly they plan on using Sharia law and are not worried!!!
Doug

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 04:42:19 PM »
Minneapolis was a screwed up place 40 years ago. Now it should be quarantined. The food wasn't to good either!!! GJ

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
Here's a short excerpt on what needs to happen:

The proposed amendment is expected to be approved Friday, but that’s just a first step. It goes then to a policy committee and to the city’s Charter Commission for formal review. The commission’s recommendation doesn’t bind the council, but it takes time.

Barry Clegg, chairman of the Charter Commission, said the process feels rushed.

“As I understand it, they are saying, ‘We are going to have this new department. We don’t know what it’s going to look like yet. We won’t implement this for a year, we’ll figure it out,’” Clegg said. “For myself anyway, I would prefer that we figured it out first, and then voted on it.”

Clegg said that to get the proposed amendment question on the November ballot, it has to be finalized by Aug. 21. He said if the Charter Commission took its final action at its Aug. 5 meeting, there would likely be enough time for it to get passed by the full council, go through a veto period, and then, if vetoed, have time to spare for a possible mayoral veto override. Once on the ballot, the measure would go to voters.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 07:50:11 PM »
Hopefully it gets defeated if it makes it on the November ballot!!!
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:23:11 PM »
Hopefully there will be some semblance of a city left in November.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 08:38:13 PM »
Something to ask yourself, what kind of people don't want police officers? Thieves, drug addicts, drug dealers, drug lords, gangs, murderers, men that beat their wives, sexual perverts, and everyone that breaks the law. Looks like we can add Democrats to that list. That's a great list to be associated with. I hope all the Democrats are proud of their party.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:54:47 PM by godscountry »
I love the smell of deer guts in the morning, it smells like...VICTORY!

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »
Firm supporters like those mentioned, I'm sure they'll vote ::).
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 09:10:38 AM »
Ever heard the saying "Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves"?

This is exactly what's happening to the Democratic Party
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »
Something to ask yourself, what kind of people don't want police officers? Thieves, drug addicts, drug dealers, drug lords, gangs, murderers, men that beat their wives, sexual perverts, and everyone that breaks the law. Looks like we can add Democrats to that list. That's a great list to be associated with. I hope all the Democrats are proud of their party.
           "I hope all the Democrats are proud of their party."  +1 Again. Democrats are guilty by association and just like the police that stood by while George Floyd was being murdered, democrats are guilty for aiding and abetting the violence that BLM brought to the original protest. As yet, not one influential democrat, including Sleepy Joe, has spoken out publicly against the violence, burning and looting. Democrats feel the end justifies the means, and just stand by and watch the lawlessness.
            Meanwhile, I believe, JMO, there is also a middle age and older generation of well intended democrats that don't believe in calling people racist, burning, looting, rioting, tearing down statutes, and burning our flag. These well intended democrats must see this protesting as a good tool to use towards winning the election. Whats hard to understand is why this older generation can't see the direction the democratic party has taken since the Obama era. It's a course away from democracy, liberty and free speech. It's not the old democratic party that use to pride itself on fighting for the little guy and just causes. If the liberal left wing democrats secure the election in November, this older well intended generation may live long enough to watch their country suffer the fruits of their choice.

DosEquisShooter

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 11:53:53 AM »
The property values will drop like a rock. Property taxes will follow. When the businesses leave, it will be Detroit all over again. Filing for bankruptcy will follow.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
 ;D

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »
“As I understand it, they are saying, ‘We are going to have this new department. We don’t know what it’s going to look like yet. We won’t implement this for a year, we’ll figure it out,’”   Hmm, kinda sounds like Polosi and Obama care...we know how well that worked!!
Duane

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 04:03:30 PM »
Irony at its finest.

A Minneapolis city spokesperson said that private security details have cost the city $63,000 over the past three weeks.

The three council members who have the security detail – Andrea Jenkins (Ward 8), and Phillipe Cunningham (Ward 4), and Alondra Cano (Ward 9)– have been outspoken proponents of defunding the Minneapolis Police Department.

Doug

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 06:56:35 AM »
Facists can't stomach opposition so.... No cops available now. Just what they were hoping for. A**holes!! GJ