Spike Camp

Weather

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
Weather
« on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:32 PM »
Been consistently over 100 degree heat indexes with no rain here for weeks! Anybody doing better? The Sahara dust cloud has turned my skies a funky color.

Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »
 We were getting dry and it was hot but got close to a inch and a half of rain the last couple days and they forecast more for tomorrow. Yippee
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:58:14 PM »
Rain, rain and more rain in Oregon. Its a good thing because we didn't get a ton of snow pack and hopefully this late rain makes for a mild fire season.
a 1/2" group is good enough for the girls I go with!

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 03:43:34 PM »
Heat index here has been 100+, humid as hell, and no rain in about a week or so.  The sand dust must have pissed off the mosquitoes, because they were ruthless last night.  Normally they don't bother me.  On to of that, a transformer blew up, and we were without power for over 5 hrs.  It never happens with cold wx, it always has to be Africa hot when stuff like that happens.  LOL!!!!
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 07:15:02 AM »
A little better but not much.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=42.84&textField2=-108.74#.V1IbLL40CUk

LOL!!!!!  I would have taken that the day we lost power.  It's funny how quickly the house gets hot. 
Senator John Kennedy  " If you support defunding the police, you've tested positive for stupid".

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:24 AM »
Upper 90s and higher, windy, and dry has made it hard to get to the public use range or the farm range. I have a lot of new loads I want to test for velocity but I’m not willing to wait long periods between shots so the barrel can cool. I could shoot at 6:00 AM but that isn’t a good plan for the people who I would wake up before getting out the door.
Wheat harvest is almost over so the hail and rain are not going to have the fear factor they once did. Crop saving rains in May made a massive difference this year for the dry land (non irrigated) wheat so farmers are generally happy about allowing access to fields for anti-coyote plans. I hate coyotes.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
Temp has been a bit below normal here in Southern Ontario but the last few days have been in the upper 80's with a heat index of high 90's. We had two thunderstorms last week that produced 1.5" and 2" of rain respectfully.

Terry
Guns have two enemies....rust and government
OFHA and CCFR member

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »
The Sahara dust storm has deposited fine grit everywhere, but has not affected our temps/humidity. 106 heat index today  and I had to mow the grass!

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 10:30:16 AM »
Mid 90s here in SE Texas all week but that’s normal here until September. We should get some rain over the weekend to cool things down a bit. Lived in high humidity all my life and you never really get used to it. It’s like a sauna outside.
Come and take it.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »
Been 90 here in MI all week and will stay that way though the 4th. With No rain. But I lost 25 lbs on the treadmill since I learned diabetics and the virus didn't get along. I did drop my A1C to pre diabetic numbers 6.1 and heat does not bother me near as bad as it use too.
Now if I can just keep it up. My hill I climb every deer season should be A piece of cake.
Mark

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
Good work, Griz! I never had 25 to lose, but I am a diabetic. I weight less now than I did in High school 52 years ago!

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 08:19:47 AM »
Been 90 here in MI all week and will stay that way though the 4th. With No rain. But I lost 25 lbs on the treadmill since I learned diabetics and the virus didn't get along. I did drop my A1C to pre diabetic numbers 6.1 and heat does not bother me near as bad as it use too.
Now if I can just keep it up. My hill I climb every deer season should be A piece of cake.

Good work, Keep at it and you will be back to your original weight, 8lbs, 6 ozs  ;D lol
I can't tame wild women

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 03:17:58 PM »
Still 105+ heat indexes here with a few drops of rain last night.it wasn't enough to trip my rain sensor sprinkler system. Sauna? 95 degrees with  70+ humidity! The fool dog is eating the ice out of my martini!  :)

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
Still 105+ heat indexes here with a few drops of rain last night.it wasn't enough to trip my rain sensor sprinkler system. Sauna? 95 degrees with  70+ humidity! The fool dog is eating the ice out of my martini!  :)

Maybe the dog is the smart one. ;D ;D
I can't tame wild women