Spike Camp

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® TRR Magnum Custom

Discuss the Weatherby Mark V® TRR Magnum Custom
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:25:44 AM »
Featuring the tactical accuracy of the TRR with superior knockdown power, our Magnum Custom provides an ergonomic, fully adjustable composite stock. The specially-designed stock can be custom fit to accommodate virtually any body size or shape for greater shooter accuracy, comfort and control.

Kevin

• View Profile
Re: Discuss the Weatherby Mark V TRR Magnum Custom
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »
great looking gun but way over priced!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
The Bell & Carlson stock cut my grouping in half.   so sweet !!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »
My son had an itch to be scratched, so I went gunbrowsing with him. He has a BAR 30-06, but felt he needed something with more gumption. He researched the topic to death. I did some, but without half the enthusiasm. An ex-South African living in Canada, never had much of a hankering to go hunting. Too darn cold in the hunting season to hang around outside. Hunted plains game in South Africa, mostly in shirtsleeves, and more concerned about hydration than frostbite. Used to own a Musgrave 30-06 (mauser based), which was a sweet handling rifle, easy on recoil and enough gun for whatever you could run into on the savanna.
Well, the first store had three tactical rifles: remington, sako and tikka(?) 308 and 338 lapua. Sako looked sharp, but the 338 Lapua bullets looked like anti aircraft ammo to me. Hell,no. Unless this thing is mounted on an armored vehicle, I won't be shooting that off my shoulder anytime soon. My son wasn't even interested in the 308, so we soldiered on to the next store.
Saw the TRR soon as we walked in. The clerk handed it over. My mind left me right there. Palms went sweaty, cheeks flushed and pulse speed doubled. Buck fever without the buck. And when he said 300 Weatherby, my ears started buzzing as well.
An hour or so later we walked out of the store. Everything we need except a rifle case. I have (finally) joined Weatherby nation.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Nation.Be sure to give us a range report.
Roger
Faster horses,younger women,older whiskey,and more money.