Spike Camp

Politics continues to infiltrate the Sports World

danno50

• View Profile
Re: Politics continues to infiltrate the Sports World
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 06:54:59 AM »
Great article Oscar, thanks for sharing. Love his analogy of team names and possible meanings, and his finale is, as they say, "Priceless".

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. As for the Redskins name I would suggest they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Washington DC.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 08:52:50 AM »
Thanks Oscar. Superb article!
Duane

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 09:05:48 AM »
I am as much American Indian as Elizabeth Warren and this stuff doesn't bother me at all!   ;D

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 09:45:51 AM »
I am as much American Indian as Elizabeth Warren and this stuff doesn't bother me at all!   ;D
  +1   Changing the name doesn't bother me. It's the fact the the leftist liberal politically correct democrats are bullying sponsors by threatening to publicly attack them as racist to the rest of the country if they don't dissolve their relationship with the Redskins.
DosEquisShooter

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
If racism is the only thing they got,then bring it on.That won't last long before it gets old and tired.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 02:21:15 PM »
"Racism" was old before the Marxists started "BLM" I anticipate them intimidating voters next. They have already influenced mine. I will vote against them at every time I can!

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
I don't watch anything anymore besides baseball (no buttwipe kneelers during the anthem yet) and that's not even on this year.
Come and take it.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2020, 05:21:34 PM »
AS a die hard Red Wing fan I hope the NHL will steer clear of politics.  I'd hate to see Pro Hockey go the way of other major sports.

66 year Red Wing fan myself. From the days of Able, Linsey, and Howe. Hope the NHL keeps politics out of it also. Hope the Wings get back to greatness real soon.

My dad took me to my first Red Wing game in 1950, at the ripe old age of 7 and I've been a die hard fan since.  To add to that trio you might remember Alex Delvecchio, Marty Pavelich, Norm Ullman, Red Kelly, Marcel Pronovost, Glenn Hull and Terry Sawchuck.

Remember all of them and could have cried when they traded Ullman. Great player. When they traded Gary Unger for old Red Berenson I did cry, then they done it again when they traded Oats for Federko.  BUT then came Yzerman Thank God.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:23:28 PM by canadian reloarder »

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2020, 07:49:52 PM »
And traded Red Kelly to Chicago when he started up the players association to get pensions for retired players.

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
No doubt in my mind that with better management at certain times they would have won several more Stanley cups. Hope the best for the future. Lets hope we get Lafrenier in the next draft.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »
No doubt in my mind that with better management at certain times they would have won several more Stanley cups. Hope the best for the future. Lets hope we get Lafrenier in the next draft.

Amen!

Grouchy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »
You actually believe there will be a NHL season? CFL is up in the air right now!  :)

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »
Well I believe it will start, but it isn't actualy a season. It is a long tournament consisting of 24 teams to determine a Stanley cup champ. Don't agree with the 24 team set-up but at least it is something. The CFL season certainly is on thin ice.

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »
All sports are up in the air right now, even golf. To me shut it all down and start over after the Covid gets its ass kicked

Terry
Be proud of your hunting heritage and enjoy the greatness of Canada

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 07:46:33 PM »
Read an interesting article by a retired doctor.  He makes some damn good points.

https://noqreport.com/2020/07/07/covid-19-never-killed-anybody/