Spike Camp

Trigger Tech Triggers Available Now

Trigger Tech Triggers Available Now
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:02:57 PM »
Ordered 2 trigger tech triggers for a couple of my Mark Vs, with the code WEATHERBY10 you get 10% off.
Doug

W30378

• View Profile
Re: Trigger Tech Triggers Available Now
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Yup, just ordered one of the "Special" triggers. 
NRA Benefactor

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 06:52:23 AM »
Will these work for Japan manufactured rifles? GJ
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:48:22 PM by GrandeJuan »

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 07:59:43 AM »
Will these work for Japan manufactured riflrs? GJ
Yes
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 06:38:49 AM »
Triggertech website says American made Mark Vs! GJ

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 07:03:29 AM »
I guess I would call them to make sure.
Doug

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 08:00:46 AM »
The only difference between triggers in Weatherby history was the German ones. The first ones had a slide type safety that was not on the bolt then the bolt shroud safety. Also the German triggers used a pin on the front of the housing. The jap made mark v,s did away with the pin and are now secured with a screw. I have had several American made mark v,s and they are the same as the jap. made ones. I would bet money that they will fit and function as long as they are not German made mark v,s. Call Weatherby if you like and i bet they will say the same thing.
Derrill

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
I was just looking on triggertec,s website and the mounting is just the same as when the jap made mark v,s started up to current production. I doubt if triggertec even knows that they are the same. I highly doubt Weatherby has changed anything like the trigger mounting.
Derrill

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »
The only difference between triggers in Weatherby history was the German ones. The first ones had a slide type safety that was not on the bolt then the bolt shroud safety. Also the German triggers used a pin on the front of the housing. The jap made mark v,s did away with the pin and are now secured with a screw. I have had several American made mark v,s and they are the same as the jap. made ones. I would bet money that they will fit and function as long as they are not German made mark v,s. Call Weatherby if you like and i bet they will say the same thing.

I believe they will fit the Japan made rifles too.They look to be the same to me.
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 06:50:43 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.

I must say that my MkV triggers are all pretty good, crtainly for hunting purposes. Do you gentlemen generally find it necessary to replace the triggers on your MkV's?

I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 07:45:31 AM »
No need to change the trigger. I learned a long time ago how to tune the triggers( lighten and remove creep)and do it safely. I do a whole series of tests to make sure everything is safe.
Derrill

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 07:45:55 AM »
I have never replaced one of my Mark V triggers, I put a Timney in a Vanguard. There has been so much hype about the Trigger Techs, I just decided to jump on that bandwagon and give them a try. No real reason to do it, other than why not.
Doug

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:39 PM »
I love my custom shop,set trigger on my Japan made 240 built in 1974.I don't know where Weatherby got them from or what brand they are,but it's better or as good as the one on my HS Precision Pro 2000 rifle in 6.5x284

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 01:04:32 PM »
I love my custom shop,set trigger on my Japan made 240 built in 1974.I don't know where Weatherby got them from or what brand they are,but it's better or as good as the one on my HS Precision Pro 2000 rifle in 6.5x284
Tom is that the trigger shoe where you push the trigger forward to set and a little tab comes out? if so that is the kanjar trigger shoe. Works great i just could never get used to the travel but that is just me.
Derrill

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »
I've heard other Weatherby people call it the 3 3.You can use it without the blade set and it's a nice wide trigger and 3 pounds feels like 2.If you set it,the blade takes 3 ounces to set it off.I've used it off a bench and it's nice that way,but way too light for anything else.

Remember 10534