Spike Camp

AMP annealer and Wby brass

AMP annealer and Wby brass
« on: July 26, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »
Hello all! I recently bought an AMP annealer and wow what a difference with my 6.5-300 and 338-378! Im blown away at the benefits from annealing after each firing. If any Canadians are interested im more then willing to anneal your brass. I can do any case with the 338-378 (30-378, 378, 416 etc) and 6.5-300 (300, 340, etc)

Re: AMP annealer and Wby brass
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:23 AM »
Yes, I agree that frequent annealing seems to reduce ES and really improve accuracy and of course case life.

All reports indicate that the AMP is a great machine, but they are very costly here and I still use a unit with a flame.
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
Yes, I agree that frequent annealing seems to reduce ES and really improve accuracy and of course case life.
All reports indicate that the AMP is a great machine, but they are very costly here and I still use a unit with a flame.
Costly for sure. If I were to purchase A Mark II here in the US (distributor in Alabama) with tax it would cost just over $1500 dollars. (don't know if the distributor makes deals on them, or if its MSRP only)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »
Here in Canada, I paid little over 2k with 1 pilot, shipping and the tax.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 08:22:49 PM »
I finally broke down and bought one awhile back. For me it’s a no brainer as much as I shoot and as expensive as good quality brass is. Very well made machine. I’ve seen where annealing is offered for a small fee with the amp which to me is also a testament to how well they are built. I would recommend depriming and clean before hand to help keep the gunk out.