Spike Camp

Here by myself again

Here by myself again
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:29:21 AM »
Shawndel, Anna and Anna’s friend left for Indy this morning.
Not coming back until Oct. Could everyone pray for us while we are apart?
I would of liked to seen Anna a little more emotional about leaving but she wasn’t.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

Re: Here by myself again
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:09:19 AM »
Hope all goes well for you and the family. At her age its not easy looking ahead, especially in this day and age. She will come around.
Doug

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:26:40 AM »
Indy is home in their eyes and Texas isn't.Hope they come around.I bet it is a shock for them.Bound to be 2 totally different places.
Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

I try to avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Everyone has a photographic memory.Some just don't have film.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 08:33:14 PM »
 Wasn't Grace staying with you?
I can't tame wild women
But I can make tame women wild

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 04:15:42 AM »
Wasn't Grace staying with you?

She has to pass her State Boards for Cosmetology even though she would have to hold her license for a year before it could transferred down in Texas. We just want her to do that because she started it and we want her to finish it.
Chris Kiefner

NRA Life Member

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 09:12:30 AM »
Prayers my friend. Life changes can be heavy, Anna might be handling it a bit like I find myself doing at times, trying to stay as even keel as possible to let the new normal become.... normal. Long distance can be emotionally hard but I bet you guys come out the other side as strong as ever.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:14:03 AM by DW5 »
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »
DW, having been in the military all of my adult life, I know exactly where you are coming from.  Good communication (which is easy now with technology) is crucial.  It's not easy to be apart, but doable.  Try to schedule visits during the long weekends, have faith, and everything will be ok.