Spike Camp

Stock

Stock
« on: August 10, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »
[REMOVED]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 12:32:49 PM by wtby7 »

Re: What happened? Stock outer coat deteriorating?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
Personally if it was my rifle I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it doesn't affect accuracy and most people won't even notice those blemishs. It could be caused by spilled solvent or rubbing (just my 2 cents), where some of my Weatherby's have gone I'm surprised I made it out alive. But if your really worried call Weatherby up and ask.
Doug

BB340

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »
I am of a different opinion to BB3, that would be driving me nuts as it looks ugly (yes I am that vain lol  ;D).
I would reach out to Weatherby and talk to them about it.
Aussie gun nut.

eford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 10:04:41 PM »
Personally if it was my rifle I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it doesn't affect accuracy and most people won't even notice those blemishs. It could be caused by spilled solvent or rubbing (just my 2 cents), where some of my Weatherby's have gone I'm surprised I made it out alive. But if your really worried call Weatherby up and ask.
Yup.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Every man needs to know his limits.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 08:01:48 AM »
I am of a different opinion to BB3, that would be driving me nuts as it looks ugly (yes I am that vain lol  ;D).
I would reach out to Weatherby and talk to them about it.

I agree, l would ask Weatherby for advice and go from there. If possible l would fix it myself.
How old is the gun?
Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 09:19:43 AM »
Are you sure that stock haven't been modified?? It looks like your rifle is an mark V stainless, and those came with a Tupperware stock, and they didn't look like that. It looks like someone tried glass bedded the action and didn't care about the colour that they used. If it shoots fine, just touch it up yourself.

Rob

224KING

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »
Are you sure that stock haven't been modified?? It looks like your rifle is an mark V stainless, and those came with a Tupperware stock, and they didn't look like that. It looks like someone tried glass bedded the action and didn't care about the colour that they used. If it shoots fine, just touch it up yourself.

Rob

X2
Retirement; The art of doing very little,very slowly

Expert; Someone who knows so much about so little

If you live in the swirl of the drain,inevitably you'll wind up in the cesspool.

Remember 10534

Sorry... Yesterday was the last and final day for any and all complaints whatsoever.

Grouchy

• Life is too important to take serious" Groucho
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 03:07:59 AM »
Accuracy makes for a beautiful rifle.  :)  Good luck with it!