Spike Camp

Spypoint cell link trail camera converters

Spypoint cell link trail camera converters
« on: August 19, 2020, 06:30:26 PM »
The last time l talked to Roger (terminator) he was telling me how well his Spy point cellular camera was working and they were on sale. Well I waited and they were gone. I did see they had this cell link converter. To use with any camera.
I bought 3 of them for $ 55 bucks each. I got them all set up on Sat and drove up north and put all 3 cameras up on Sunday. Happy to say I was receiving pics from all 3 the first day. But didn't get any with deer untill today.
Just want to say all 3 only have 1 bar if service but all 3 are working.
Sure Wish I could call Roger to let him know.
But I really believe he all ready knows.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:16:14 AM by grizzly340 »
Mark

wby4ever

• View Profile
Re: Spypoint cell link converters
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »
I bought 2 of them. put 1 out it worked fine for 2 days then nothing. I took them back and bought a muddy manifest for 100.00 works great and takes up to 16 megapixel pics.

Re: Spypoint cell link trail camera converters
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 07:20:53 AM »
Sorry wby4ever you had bad luck with them.
That was and is A concern of mine.
But I am very happy with all 3 of mine. After 1 week all 3 still up and running sending pics every day. All with just 1 bar of service.
I just think for 55 bucks. Why not try them first with your old camera's. Minimum investment. It buts you time to see if you want to spend the big money
 And the new cameras are getting better every year.
Mark

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »
i WAS HAPPY TO TRY THEM. I TRIED AT HOME FiRST DUE TO MY oHIO LEASE IS 350 MILES AWAY. AFTER THE 1ST ONE FAILED IT WAS NOT AN OPTION. Sorry for the caps. too lazy to do again.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 09:12:26 PM »
No worries on the caps. Wby4
I'm the same way even to my boss . When I send him A email. Sometimes he will say. Why are you yelling at me. Lol
I tested mine in my back yard too. And the very next morning I drove them 180 miles North to where I hunt. I was much in the same boat as you. Just to far to go to check cameras.
My hope is that these cameras will tell me which stand to hunt when I arrive. A luxury I have never had before.
Mark

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »
No worries on the caps. Wby4
I'm the same way even to my boss . When I send him A email. Sometimes he will say. Why are you yelling at me. Lol
I tested mine in my back yard too. And the very next morning I drove them 180 miles North to where I hunt. I was much in the same boat as you. Just to far to go to check cameras.
My hope is that these cameras will tell me which stand to hunt when I arrive. A luxury I have never had before.

Good luck. I have heard good things about the cell links. I just got a bad 1 and didnt take the chance, keep us posted on how they work for you,

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 03:59:42 PM »
All 3  cell link converters  still working sending back pics every day . The thing I really wanted to learn from them was would they work with bad service.  Most of the time I only get 1 bar but thats all they need. Got my first little spike today. All does and wind untill today.
Mark

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
Thats a great picture of the spike, seems the converters worked very well.
DosEquisShooter

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 06:22:25 PM »
Looks like they are working well for you!!

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
These things are great, but be careful where/how you mount them. People (dirtbags) stealing them has become a problem.
Come and take it.

wby4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
I have lost 3 cellular cameras at 250.00 + to lowlife thieves. 2 of them were in lock boxes and with security cables. thats why i wanted the spy points to work.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 07:31:22 PM »
Good to hear.  Sr. and I bought 2 last year and loved them so I bought 4 more this year.  Getting consistent pictures on all of them so far. Nothing but does, fawns, 2 spikes and a few turkeys so far.  Hopefully the big boys will show up soon.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 06:19:11 PM »
Two positive reviews on the Spy Point converters, looks like Roger(Terminator Sr.) is still giving out good advice. ;) 8)
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 03:37:28 PM »
I moved 2 of my camera's. One never came back online.
Camera says it's functioning.  But who knows I may not have turned the primos camera on only the spy link.
Buy the other one I moved in front of where my blind will go. Has been sending lots of pics.  4 different bucks. Any buck is A good buck where I hunt. They are root and acorn fed. Don't know what crops are.
I am looking forward to sitting there with the cross bow. Before the gun hunters have them hiding in the swamp.
Mark

dixie1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 03:36:07 PM »
Will be trying a couple this year up north in Michigan.