Spike Camp

Back Country T.I. Recoil pad problem

Re: Back Country T.I. Recoil pad problem
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
I did not mean to say that's what I paid for it.  It is what Weatherby said the value of it was.  My son at the time was a Weatherby employee and built the gun for me as a gift from my employer
That i will buy. sorry i didn't mean to be rude
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 08:49:33 AM »
Take it off and install a limb saver recoil pad, problem solved

I would love too, although it is glued to the carbon fiber stock.  I am a bit worried about messing
up the stock with the removal.  Mainly, I was surprised about Weatherbys stance on a problem they know about

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 08:53:42 AM »

I would love too, although it is glued to the carbon fiber stock.  I am a bit worried about messing
up the stock with the removal.  Mainly, I was surprised about Weatherbys stance on a problem they know about

They designed it that way, that is why they don't think its a problem. Personally I don't like the design, they should give you an option other then that pad. The weight savings isn't worth the hassle!
Doug

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 09:09:20 AM »

I'd take it to a gunsmith for an evaluation on whether the pad can be removed without damaging the rifle stock. If so, it would be a minimal cost on a beautiful gifted Weatherby rifle.
DosEquisShooter

zonie

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »
Store the rifle muzzle down !   seriously !  I don't think so !   So how do you store the rifle out in the sticks elk hunting for a week or so ?  Fix the problem.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:07:28 AM by zonie »

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2020, 11:13:50 AM »
I did not mean to say that's what I paid for it.  It is what Weatherby said the value of it was.  My son at the time was a Weatherby employee and built the gun for me as a gift from my employer
  No worries.  The invoice they produced was $4500 with all the extras.  My company paid $3800, giving
my son a break in the price since he was an employee

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 11:18:03 AM »
No worries

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2020, 12:25:04 PM »
I know a lot of would hate the problem with the recoil pad but the gun was built with the ultimate in lightweight in mind. Randy i hope you have good luck with it. How do you like the recoil on it?
Good Hunting And Shooting To all
Derrill

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »
I have a Backcountry - you can change out the pad.

I would think a Limbsaver or Decelarator pad would be fine.
JK

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »
I know a lot of would hate the problem with the recoil pad but the gun was built with the ultimate in lightweight in mind. Randy i hope you have good luck with it. How do you like the recoil on it?

Being a sub 5 pounder, to me, it recoils like a 270.