Spike Camp

Trail Cam Deal

DW5

• View Profile
Trail Cam Deal
« on: September 07, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »
I remember talking about the three main camera brands I tend to use not too long ago. Also, saying I tend to just go with the one of those three I find a good deal on at the time. One was Stealth Cam. This is a pretty good deal if anyone might happen to be in the market at the moment. These are very simple to setup, I just set the time and date and then use preset Q2 or Q1 (whichever is for one photo for that particular model, Q2 90% of the time) and then hang it. Getting eight batteries and an SD card is pretty nice for $50.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022409296
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 11:23:24 AM by DW5 »
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
Re: Trail Cam Deal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:41:45 PM »
That is not a bad deal at all, thanks for sharing DW. 

DW5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
That is not a bad deal at all, thanks for sharing DW.

No problem! I will add this too, I used to just throw the Stealth Cam SD cards away that came with the cameras. I found I use to have trouble when running them in multiple cameras. That has not been the case for the last couple of years, however. I decided to give them another shot and so far, so good.

I just keep a little pile of cards in my pack and grab the first one I reach for. It never was a real big deal with the Stealth Cam cards as the camera will alert you that the card is bad before you can set it to picture mode. It was just a small irritant. But hopefully that is an issue of the past. 
You cant catch a fish without a hook in the water....

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 05:30:59 AM »
I believe you can't have enough cameras.  It seems like cameras will last 3-4 years out in the element.  So, having extra ones is not a bad idea.  ;D ;D  If they have these deals next year, I'll pick up a couple and take with me to Africa to give to the outfitter.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 05:56:24 AM »
I believe you can't have enough cameras.  It seems like cameras will last 3-4 years out in the element.  So, having extra ones is not a bad idea.  ;D ;D  If they have these deals next year, I'll pick up a couple and take with me to Africa to give to the outfitter.
Great gift idea Oscar, and I would gift them on arrival as guests baring gifts are graciously welcomed and well appreciated by your host. Especially gifts the PH can certainly use. Good move. 
DosEquisShooter

PARA45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
Great gift idea Oscar, and I would gift them on arrival as guests baring gifts are graciously welcomed and well appreciated by your host. Especially gifts the PH can certainly use. Good move.

Exactly my intention.  It has worked for me in the pass, and the PHs do appreciate it.   We also brought t-shirts, cigarettes and candy for the trackers & their kids.   Our tracker never wore a jacket, and most of the time he was driving too, but sometimes it was cold in the mornings.  So, when our hunt was over, we gave him my wife's fleece, some socks.  He was very thankful.  Planning on doing the same thing this time. :) 

Grouchy

• Let those without sin cast the first stone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »
LOL! My "game cameras" are a self defense item. 2 legged rats are my concern~! Welcome to my world!