Spike Camp

Vanguard IBEX?

Vanguard IBEX?
« on: September 14, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
So, I decided to go back into a Weatherby magnum caliber, and went with a Vanguard in 6.5-300.  The model was ... ummm, interesting ... It's called a Vanguard IBEX ... it's sold on Gunbroker by Tall Tales Sporting Goods out of Russell, PA.   I'll attach the pic below.  Had some nice extras, including Cobalt Cerakote, lightweight fluted barrel, and the new Accubrake ST.  Kind of a cool "camo" pattern, too, on the molded stock.

I'm guessing this might have been a "custom" build by Weatherby for Tall Tales, but I'm turning to the brain trust that is the Nation for some confirmation and/or information.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:17:10 PM by Badgerland Hunter »
Roy was a genius.  Period.

Re: Vanguard IBEX?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 11:12:47 PM »
No information from my side, but wanted to say that I like it. Best looking Vanguard model that I've seen.
I shoot cases with a belt because I feel the other cartridges need to pull their trousers up.

danno50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 07:39:49 AM »
I like it too. I love the catchy name Vanguard IBEX, as it conjure's up visions of long range mountain shooting. If you've been thinking about getting a 6.5-300 anyway, this would be the time to take the plunge and have a uniquely qualified and rare model rifle for any hunt.
DosEquisShooter

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 05:23:27 PM »
Thanks to both of you for your replies!!  The IBEX certainly is unique, and as I said it comes loaded with a lot of nice bells and whistles, which provided a lot of value.  Now, to tighten up the nut behind the stock and head to the range.

Roy was a genius.  Period.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 06:10:22 PM »
That's very nice , good luck with it

txaggie

• If it bleeds we can kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:50:01 PM »
Very unique and cool looking rifle - let us know how she does!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:28:27 AM »
Nice find. Enjoy!!